• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Way to adjust backlight on 710T?

Lance-M

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
2
I recently bought a Samsung 710T and got very lucky, having no dead pixels. Also, ghosting/blurring is minimal.

BUT... the backlight is horribly uneven. There is a definite shading from top/top-left to bottom/bottom-right on mid-range to light colors, and leakage at the top on a black screen. I can handle the leakage on a black background... but the shading on everything else is way too much.

So... before I return/exhange this, is there a way to adjust the backlight (without voiding my warranty)? I'd love to keep this monitor, 'cause everything else is perfect (at least as perfect as it can be coming from a Viewsonic PF790).

Thanks in advance!
 
I have similar problems, but it's not very noticable (only if you really look for uneveness). Haven't found a way how to lower the backlight and AFAIK, it is not possible.

But after doing a research, i haven't found a monitor, which uses TN tehnology for LCD panel, and would have totaly even backlight distribution; on PVA screens, this problem is gone; but 25ms is just too much for me (or even 20ms of 193P and aside, its much more expensive (any monitor, that uses PVA tehnology).

Cheers, Runnagain!!
 
Back
Top