Wavebird $17.99

aem

Limp Gawd
Used Wavebird: $17.99 at Gamestop

I'm so jealous. My roommate giving his gf a Gamecube for her bday tomorrow. I see he has Wavebird and I find out he just got it at Gamestop for $17.99 and it is in near perfect condition. I've been wanting one for awhile now for SSB:Brawl, etc. Who would trade in a Wavebird for $10 or less and how the heck was it still sitting there for sale. Even if it just got put out before he got it I'm surprised no employee bought it before it got put out. :confused::confused:

He didn't even know it was worth anything. They go for $60+ used online.

I was sure you had to be crazy but I just checked eBay and found I am the proud owner of over $200 in Wavebirds! Sure glad I got my four at pawn shops for $10-$15 each.

The Gamecube component cable prices are also ridiculously high.

The Gamecube component cable prices are also ridiculously high.

lol... just checked this out. $55+ after shipping

I haven't played my GC in ages. Maybe it's time to cash in the cable. Then again... I never finished Twilight Princess. Will I be able to play the GC version on a Wii perfectly?

I haven't played my GC in ages. Maybe it's time to cash in the cable. Then again... I never finished Twilight Princess. Will I be able to play the GC version on a Wii perfectly?

Every Cube game I have tried in my Wii works perfect, Twilight Princess should be no different.

Doesn't the Wii emulate the GC via hardware? All of my games look pixel for pixel identical, and obviously they'll all do 480p by default as long as your Wii has component cable hook-ups.

I'm shocked the WaveBird is rare in some places. I've seen plenty of the silver ones sitting around in Wal Mart around here. No clue if they're still there, but if they're that rare, I might go grab some and see about reselling them.

Doesn't the Wii emulate the GC via hardware? All of my games look pixel for pixel identical, and obviously they'll all do 480p by default as long as your Wii has component cable hook-ups.

Nope, the Wii IS Gamecube hardware. Its little more than a souped up Gamecube with motion controls, the full Gamecube hardware in there is used by the games :D

I got my pair of component cables. GC games look really nice in 480p :)

im looking for some wavebirds atm. What i find frustrating is tha the wii is going to end up being more expensive than my 360 and for off the ps3 with the wavebirds and extra wiimote and nunchuck i gotta buy. Its looking like the probable 2 best games on the wii (Super smash and mario kart) work best without the wiimote! Oh well, rant over lol, now back to finding some wavebirds here in uk. They are ranging from £27-£40 each here including postage on ebay FFS (just snapped 2 up!)! That would mean my Wii (+extra wiimote, nunchuck and 2 wavebirds)has cost me £280 before i bought games lmao so i can play mariokart properly with the Mrs!. Im gonna enjoy the Wii games but i cant help but think Nintendo has had my pants down! Am i missing something or do Nintendo not sell the Wavebirds at retail anymore?

Am i missing something or do Nintendo not sell the Wavebirds at retail anymore?
Nintendo discontinued Wavebirds at retail, yes. Your only other wireless options now are the third-party controllers, none of which are particularly good.

I sucked it up, sold some old stuff on eBay, and bought a couple more Wavebirds for $100. Didn't make me feel good (I shoulda bought 'em months ago!), but at least I'm totally set with three of them (two for the Wii, one for the Gamecube acting as a GBA using the GBA Player add-on). I wouldn't be surprised to see them maintain $50 for a couple more years yet, so they'll make an OK investment.

I'm shocked that anyone could find a Wavebird at GameStop, though - their worth is relatively well-known, and the staff tends to find creative ways to make sure they wind up with the good stuff to resell.

Mmmmkay, I'm definitely hitting up my old Wal-Mart to see if they still have any left.
Last fall they had a rack with at least 10-15 of the silver ones.

I couldn't believe how much they were going for on ebay just for that controller. It's sad when i can sell just my wavebird and get almost as much as what the local game store would give me for my cube, 3 controllers, memory card, and 6 games. Good thing I'm not as dumb as i was when i was younger when it comes to trading stuff in.

Back