Wave volume set to zero on system restart

Lothar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
305
Every time I restart my system the wave volume level gets set to zero. All other audio mixer settings get saved correctly. The level is correct at first and then as everything loads is the system tray it get set to zero. I have not seen this before and can not figure out what might be causing it. Everything else works perfectly. The system relevant specs are,
Asus Striker Extreme (Latest BIOS 1.02)
Sound Blaster X-Fi (Latest drivers web 4)
Windows XP Pro.

If anyone has seen this any help would be appreciated.
 
Hi there, I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you... I have a Asus P5N32-E SLI motherbord ... sound card integrated... it feels like this occured out of the blue, everything worked fine and out of sudden the wave was set to 0 each time I restarted or started my computer.. I dont recall installing any new software really.. sadly no idea how to fix it either.. tried to install new Nvidia NF 680i drivers... didnt fix the problem..
 
uninstalling the audio driver and reinstlalling it again.. hope it wont troubble me in the future again... GL 2 U
 
I have determined the cause. It is the ASUS PC probe software version 10408. This caused the same issue on 2 systems. I reverted to version 10405 and all is well. Hopefully you do not have Vista as 10405 is not listed for Vista. Hope this help you out.
 
OMG, i've been having the same problem with my Asus M2NSLi Deluxe... I thought it was a virus or my soundcard going bad or something... lol, who would have thought it was pc probe... are you sure?
 
If you have a third party media player installed (like media player classic), open it up and make sure the volume is set properly. This buggered the hell out of me until i figured out that MPC simply used the waveOut volume to control its volume, after that I set it back up to 100% and never had a problem after that.
 
I have determined the cause. It is the ASUS PC probe software version 10408. This caused the same issue on 2 systems. I reverted to version 10405 and all is well. Hopefully you do not have Vista as 10405 is not listed for Vista. Hope this help you out.
Sorry for the bump but this issue just started happening for me.

Weird thing is, I have 10405 and am having this issue :confused: . Maybe I'll try 10408
 
I have only experienced the problem with 10408. It may just have been the uninstall and reinstall that cleared up the issue not the version. However I am not going to use 10408, I have just heard from a friend with the same issue and going to 10405 solved it also.
 
Okay, going back to the 405 version helped me too.... Damn Asus, they are slippin.. j/k :) Still annoying though!
 
Man, i'ts so funny that it's been working for the last couple days... I just rebooted my computer too and it's not the first time since I updated it... and guess what!?? wave was lowered all the way. Grrrr...

All my media players start up with full volume too... it's just that the wave part is off. I give up
 
Back
Top