• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wattage Amount Means Nothing? :-(

stinkboots

n00b
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
46
Apparently the wattage amount of a power supply as given by the manufacturer doesn't mean much. This makes it very difficult to shop for one. It leaves me to go by a "heard it through the grapevine" type of analysis where I try to systematically look at the number of eggs given to a product on average multiplied by the number of reviews it has received. But isn't there a better way? Basically I just assume that any case that comes with a power supply must have a junk power supply in it if it doesn't cost a bunch. But perhaps some of these products I am dismissing are actually good, it is just that a new and upcoming company has to sell things for a lower price to get their stuff recognized. Obviously I could just quit whining about it and spend the extra $ on a Corsair power supply. But then I know that I am paying a little $ for the Corsair name, on top of what I am paying for the Corsair performance.
 
Read [H]'s PSU reviews, thats what they are for :)
Theres a lot more than Watts to consider!
 
Corsair is top psu brand. they are good psu's thats all i see people saying is corsair is a good brand and good company. and what are the specs of your computer your putting it in?
 
Back
Top