• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Waterproof / Water Resistant compact p&s?

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
18,564
I'd like to get something small that I can carry around with me that is fairly durable and water resistant at the least. I just started looking and came across the Olympus Stylus 790SW & 850SW.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with either of these or if they can recommend another small water resistant p&s camera.

Thanks :).
 
Wow, that's a pretty nice camera :eek:. Price is a little more than I want to spend but if it'll get the job done then that might be what I need to get. I also have considered getting a Canon SD870 w/ the water proof case, bundled they go for $440. Any thoughts on going that route?
 
the thing you might wanna ask youself is this: how waterproof do I need the camera to be. I your going scuba diving get the canon and the housing, otherwise get the 790. The 850 has more megapixels I believe, but its not as good for quality.
 
Olympus and Pentax make some waterproof compacts.

Yeah I noticed them but the reviews I have read don't show their image quality as being all that stellar. I think that I may very well end up going with a Canon SD870-IS and the Canon WP-DC17 waterproof case. The camera, case, memory card, and Canon accessory pack (leather case, wrist strap, and extra battery) come to almost $500 at Amazon. This looks like the way I might end up going. I can throw it in the waterproof case when I expect it to get either wet or dirty and throw it in the leather one for graduations and other dry events. Also getting the accessory pack with the leather case, extra battery, and wrist strap is only $5 more than getting just the battery so I say why not.
 
Back
Top