Waterproof phones

MisterClean

2[H]4U
I need to upgrade my galaxy s4 hopefully this year. Are there any waterproof phones on the horizon? I keep hoping for an experia z4 announcement, but i dont even know if theyll keep the waterproofing. Any of yall know anything? Or is a water resistant phone too much to hope for?

Id say right now my biggest priorities in a replacement phone are battery life and waterproof. Expendable media and front facing speakwrs would be a huge plus.

don't think about them as "waterproof". (i.e. don't bring them inside the pool)

think about them as "water-resistant" (can bring them near a pool / raining). seals break, manufacturing tolerances and ratings (z3 is rated at 1.5m fresh water for 30 min. it's not rated for pool-usage due to the chlorine/salt water content)...

xperia z line has always been water-resistant... probably will keep it that way

Only ones I know about are the Galaxy S4 and S5 varients call Galaxy S4 Active and S5 Active.

If you're in the U.S. and can go with AT&T, the Galaxy S6 Active is an option. It's water-resistant enough that it can take a dunk, and it has much better battery life than the regular S6. No front speakers or expansion, but there's a healthy 32GB built-in.

I need to upgrade my galaxy s4 hopefully this year. Are there any waterproof phones on the horizon? I keep hoping for an experia z4 announcement, but i dont even know if theyll keep the waterproofing. Any of yall know anything? Or is a water resistant phone too much to hope for?

Id say right now my biggest priorities in a replacement phone are battery life and waterproof. Expendable media and front facing speakwrs would be a huge plus.

I dont think they are doing a Z4. I've been waiting too. I might just pick up the Z3 because I just loved my Z2. Theres the Z3v and the Z3 on Tmobile.

I dont think they are doing a Z4. I've been waiting too. I might just pick up the Z3 because I just loved my Z2. Theres the Z3v and the Z3 on Tmobile.

The Z4 exists in Japan, and the Z3+ is basically that phone under a different name. If the line continues, you may be looking at the Z5 next!

What are your intentions of a water proof or water resistant phone as they are two different things, do you plan on using under water, around water, etc?

The s6 active was an idea, but that was when the tunors had a much larger battery.

I fish, kayak, scuba, and also spend a lot of time at the pool, work can be a pretty rough environment, too(there can be lots of sweat and dirt, depending on the day).

I understand its not fully waterproof, and only wr (just like watches). But i want something thats not going to die if it takes a quick dip. The girlfriend's s5 had zero problems hanging out at the pool with us, and it was cool just not having to worry about it. (We even got some underwater pics no problems, chlorine be damned)

Sounds like I'll have to check out the moto g or hold out for the next z

Edit: no the moto-g is pretty much right out, I'm looking for more of a flagship with all the bells and whistles, battery life, and nice camera if I can. For the money of a moto-g, i would probably be better off just grabbing a used S5. Guess Ill be playing the waiting game

The s6 active was an idea, but that was when the tunors had a much larger battery.

I fish, kayak, scuba, and also spend a lot of time at the pool, work can be a pretty rough environment, too(there can be lots of sweat and dirt, depending on the day).

I understand its not fully waterproof, and only wr (just like watches). But i want something thats not going to die if it takes a quick dip. The girlfriend's s5 had zero problems hanging out at the pool with us, and it was cool just not having to worry about it. (We even got some underwater pics no problems, chlorine be damned)

Sounds like I'll have to check out the moto g or hold out for the next z

Edit: no the moto-g is pretty much right out, I'm looking for more of a flagship with all the bells and whistles, battery life, and nice camera if I can. For the money of a moto-g, i would probably be better off just grabbing a used S5. Guess Ill be playing the waiting game

Yea, thats exactly why I bought the Z2. Thats why I will return when I see a real upgrade to the Z2.

Back