• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Watercooling Pumps -> Brands?

Deadlierchair

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Messages
1,400
Alright, I'm in the market for a water cooling pump, but, what brands would everyone recommend. I'm leaning towards a Hydor L30, what opinions do people have of it?

Brands (add others and tell about them maybe) Eheim, Hydor, Via, Swiftech, AlphaNova (?), one more comes to mind, but can't remember the name.
 
I use a Maxijet 1200.
295 GPH @ 5' 6" Head
Very quite, good performance and great bang for the buck.
They can be found for less than $30 bucks shipped new.
 
I know a lot of people use Danner Mag 3 and 5's.

The 3's can be had for about $40 at most aquatics stores.


Could always go for the gold and get an Iwaki with a Japanese motor, but that will cost you a pretty penny.

Don't have reviews of either of those, cause I haven't used either myself, in a watercooling setup.

:)
 
Bump

I need to know what size the connections are on the MaxiJet 1200...want to order stuff tonight...
 
I'm using the hydor L30. Good, cheap pump that's lasted me quite awhile.
 
The cheapest I can find a L30 is almost 50 bucks...the MaxiJet 1200 is only 17 bucks. Where can I find a cheaper L30?
 
Originally posted by Deadlierchair
The cheapest I can find a L30 is almost 50 bucks...the MaxiJet 1200 is only 17 bucks. Where can I find a cheaper L30?

50 bux :eek: ?. Wow, I bought mine a year ago at cooltechnica for 20 or 30. That seemed to be the price everywhere too. But I see the prices have risen :( .
 
I just ordered the Maxi 1200 for 16.00 how could I resist. I'll post how I like it when it comes in.
 
Sorry it took me a while to reply. I am a full time student and 18 credit hours this semester + being married leaves me very little spare time.
For the inlet, I simply ran 1/2" ID clearflex hose inside the stepped pickup tube and used some plumbers goop on both the hose and on the part where the collector attaches to the pump to ensure that it does not leak. For the outlet I bought a nylon 1/2" barb with threads on one side. The inner diameter of the thread size fits very snugly over the outlet tube. It really didn't need it, but I used the goop here too for added protection. The pump is actually a powerhead, but it comes with a mount with 3 suction cups. I let it sit on the bottom of my case on those 3 cups and it is nice and quiet. With my PC off, I have to feel the pump to see if it's running or not. You won't be dissapointed.
 
Back
Top