watercooling on a budget

ChemBot

Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2002
Messages
664
Time to upgrade my watercooling rig and I need a new pump. I need one that has 1/2" ID barbs and costs $40 or less (preferably less). I've been looking at the Hydor L20, Via Aqua 1300, Eheim 1048, MaxiJet Inline 300GPH Pump, and one of the Pondmaster pumps. My question is, which one is the best for that price range?
 
Danner Mag 3, 350GP/H... $29. I have one and I love it.

I wouldn't say it's all about the GPH thugh... pressure is a pretty big factor too..
 
MaxiJet 1200's are 17 bucks, and pump 295 GPH. When I was researching them to buy mine, I found a lot of them were used in professional filtration systems and often sold bundled with those. I'd assume they're pretty reliable because of this, the use as an aquarium pump. One nice thing about them is that they can be used as either a submersible or inline pump. Really the only thing I don't like about mine is that the inlet is 5/8 OD (I'm pretty sure). I could not get my 1/2 OD Tygon tubing around it, but that's nothing a buck or two and a trip to the hardware store can't solve.
 
Originally posted by Nonphixion
Danner Mag 3, 350GP/H... $29. I have one and I love it.

I wouldn't say it's all about the GPH thugh... pressure is a pretty big factor too..

Great choice.

The Mag 3 will perform better than the Eheim 1250 in most systems because of it's 10' maximum head pressure instead of the 6.5' of the eheim 1250.
 
are there threaded fittings on the danner mags?

Just want to know since my system is 3/8 and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.
 
Where'd you get a Mag 3 for $29? I'm looking for one and lowest I can find is $39, maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
 
Originally posted by rm.o
Where'd you get a Mag 3 for $29? I'm looking for one and lowest I can find is $39, maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Me too, they are $45 at petsmart with no shipping, or $40 plus shipping on the net. I need that deal:)
 
Back
Top