watercooling my armor

DanSan

Limp Gawd
Was going to original go with the Swiftech 120 Premium but i want to go with a dual 120mm rad to throw at the front of my armor case so looks like i gotta put together a custom kit now so this is what im looking at so far. Mind you its my first build so if i leave out any little accessories please let me know.

Waterblock (CPU):
http://www.xoxide.com/swiftech-apogee-water-block.html (maybe go with the GT)

Waterblock (GPU):
Not a damn clue so far, lol. So please suggestions and advice are needed very much. Im using right now a BFG 7600gt

Radiator:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3653
or
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4...ealth_240_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s160

Pump (With reservoir):
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3067

Tubing:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...lex_38_ID_PVC_Clear_Tubing.html?tl=g30c99s171

Coolant:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...UV_Alien_Green_FXPEXTAG32.html?tl=g30c103s184

Clamps:
http://www.xoxide.com/1sncl3sy.html

Am i missing anything? Suggestions? Concerns? Comments? I smell like poop? <---ignore that 1

The Swiftech radiator is much better for cooling w/ low rpm fans, such as Yate Loons!

Also Masterkleer tubing is the best tubing. Bends well and doesn't kink. Also I 1/4 the price of Tygon.

Cant seem to find 3/8 ID Masterkleer tubing..

any place in particular i can find it?

what about the PrimoFlex stuff? any good?

o0hhh goodies. Im able to get 3/8 ID, 1/2 OD tubing. Alright, what about the parts i picked out? Anything i should be aware of? pump strong enough, radiator sufficent?

You should really use 1/2" barbs with 7/16" tubing. You'll need to heat the tubing up in near boiling water to be able to work it over the barbs, but once it's on it's very hard to remove.

The Apogee, the D-Tek Fuzion, or the Swiftech Storm are all great cpu blocks.

You should probably buy the Swiftech MCW60 for your video card. You'll be able to use it on just about any card as long as they keep releasing mounting brackets. Swiftech actually just released some special mosfet heatsinks for the 8800 series in addition to the mounting hardware.

The Swiftech MCR220 seems to be a great radiator.

Are you planning on cooling the chipset?

Go for the MCR radiator

Fuzion water block (if it comes in 3/8")

MCW60 for the GPU is a great contender.

Why the 3/8" tubing?

i picked 3/8 tubing because thats what comes with the swiftech 120 premium and i personally like the size of the tubes. I dont want these giant tubes all over my computer, to me it just looks ugly and cluttered. I could always go with 7/16, cuz its only 1/8 larger

i picked 3/8 tubing because thats what comes with the swiftech 120 premium and i personally like the size of the tubes. I dont want these giant tubes all over my computer, to me it just looks ugly and cluttered. I could always go with 7/16, cuz its only 1/8 larger

go with the 7/16...
the armor is such a large case...it wont look ugly. i have pics from my watercooled armor if u want to see some for ideas...

if u wouldnt mind, would be really helpful

so 7/16 tubing with 1/2 barbs, nice and snug i guess

here are some pics:

armorwired-001.jpg

armorwired-002.jpg
thermochillfinal&
thermochillfinal%20043.jpg

yea, ur definitely right it will work fine. one last question, ive been having a hard time getting the cathode on the left side of the case to stay when trying to close the window. they seem to hit each other alot. Could u take picture straight on facing the rear 120mm fan so i can see how the cathode is set? thanks alot for ur help

How loud is that, with the 5 120mm fans? (and why not 6?)

i only use the rad on top when im in a hot room and/or lan party session. i have a mcr220 in the front drive bays which is used with 2 deltas on a fan controller and two coolermaster UV fans(40cfm each).

the fans on the upper rad are triple bladed deltas which push 141cfm at 12v...its loud.
closed headphones fix that problem. :D

Could u take picture straight on facing the rear 120mm fan so i can see how the cathode is set? thanks alot for ur help

i'll see what i can do. i just used double sided tape though and squeezed it in there...

i only use the rad on top when im in a hot room and/or lan party session. i have a mcr220 in the front drive bays which is used with 2 deltas on a fan controller and two coolermaster UV fans(40cfm each).

the fans on the upper rad are triple bladed deltas which push 141cfm at 12v...its loud.
closed headphones fix that problem. :D

Holy crap, that must sound like a freakin jet. :D Used to have a setup like that with a BIP2, 100cfm sunons. Damn thing was deafening.

haste where did u get those little fans that surround the cpu block? they are sweet

pic of the cathode...its kinda just shoved in at the top to hold it in place.
some double-sided tape on the bottom...

i hope this is what u were asking for dansan

armorfeet&

yea, i have it kind of the same way, but at the very bottom if u see that thin strip of metal along the back side of the case. its at the bottom of the light right where the cathode gets near the tubes, i have it sort of bent over that metal piece if u can picture what i mean. i guess my bulb casings are a little bit bigger so the door doesnt close with it exactly straight.

btw, where did u get those 120mm orange fans? they less than 25dBa?

sweet, thanks.. im looking to throw some color in my rig besides just blue and green. these will look nice

Thanks for the help, every little bit is appreciated. By the way, what sound card is that? and those little fans ontop of the heatsinks surrounding the CPU do they come like that? Motherboard specific or did u buy them somewhere?

What size tubing is that?

i dont plan to WC my video card cuz same as you. I dont really OC anything much, so im going with the VF900 as well

and those little fans ontop of the heatsinks surrounding the CPU do they come like that? Motherboard specific or did u buy them somewhere?

they are specific to the a8n32-sli motherboard.

my tiny mobo fan is a fan they included for the Asus P5B Dlx for ppl who water cool. My sound card is an X-Fi

OMG! That is the cleanest looking case I've ever bloody seen! My armor looks like a dozen rats moved in and brought a ton of trash with them. I guess I need to invest in longer cables...

Click it for the full sized image

OMG! That is the cleanest looking case I've ever bloody seen! My armor looks like a dozen rats moved in and brought a ton of trash with them. I guess I need to invest in longer cables...

Haha, oh wow. I could NEVER live with that. I'd go INSANE.

god, JBavousett im going nuts just looking at that!!!!! its making me cry! god molex connectors are soo ugly, all those wires!! thank the lord for sleeving! and omfg!! flat ide cables out in the open!!! KILL IT!!! KILL IT!!

this is what mine looks like now..

Side view w/lights on and window on:
IMG_1940.jpg

Same thing but without window:
IMG_1941.jpg

I knew the top of that bay would be useful for hiding ****:
IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

I will be watching this thread for sure. I have an Armor case and inside it will be:

Intel Quad Core Q6600
Probably the Abit IN9 32X-Max 680i motherboard (waiting for reviews)
2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 DDR2 with Micron D9s
Evga 8800 GTX (1 for now, might step up to 8900 once they arrive)
Enermax Galaxy 850 Watt
1 250GB SATA II hard drive
DVD burner
Auzentech 7.1 Xplosion sound card

Right after I build it in late February I am going to use aircooling but soon after I plan to switch
to watercooling with the following parts:

CPU Waterblock
Apogee GT Performs better than plain Apogee on multi-core CPUs

Pump
Laing D5 pump

Radiator
Swiftech MCR220 QP

Radiator fans
I will get two Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F fans. They are not really quiet but that is fine by me
because they move a good amount of air.

Resevoir
3.5" bay UV blue

Tube and coolant
1/2" Tygon and Blue PrimoChill ICE

I want to mount the radiator in the front of the case in the same place as the Armor LCS
case. I am not sure how though. I will probably watercool my graphics card after I trade
up or after my trade up time has expired.

Am i missing anything? Suggestions? Concerns? Comments? I smell like poop? <---ignore that 1

Parts selections looks good. I did notice you are listing parts from 3 different sources. None of them being Petra, have you taken a look at their site for part availability/prices? Maybe they have everything you're looking for all in one location?

Not that I have anything to gain from pimping Petra's, but the level of service I have received from them is nothing short of outstanding!, plus its a bonus that they frequent the same forums as I do. (this and XS).

Good Luck

Nordic the only reason I did that is because I originally posted this on xoxideforums and since they sell pc mods you are not allowed to post links to competitors websites unless xoxide doesnt carry the product. Its not the place im focusing on, its the lowest price and best rating place. I have checked out Petra's and yes they have some good stuff and i just might end up buying some parts from them.

Im still not sure if i want to go with the kit from petra's:

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecogpuba.html

or

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...ooling_Kit_Universal_Mount.html?tl=g30c83s136

both pretty much the same, but the only thing is i dont want to use a T-line res so id still have to buy a res. I might just go with the swiftech as well. Plus whats the big deal with these Yate Loon fans? Ive seen quieter, better airflow fans..

yes there are fans that give more airflow and are quieter, but those also sell for 3-4 times the price. YL's 28dba ratings are also true ratings, unlike Scythe and Thermaltake sound ratings.

letsee:
Yate Loons - $3/28dba/47cfm
Cooler Master - $13/22dba/42cfm
Scythe S-Flex - $13/20/49cfm
Thermaltake - $14/20dba?!? (actually close to 35)/79cfm <-this is trash

ahhh...

find me a yate loon that glows and ur my bestestestest friend!! lol. either 120mm UV or LED blue!!

Back