Watercooling in a Lanboy

ballr4lyf

n00b
Has anybody tried installing a watercooling kit in a Lanboy case? If so, where's the best spot to fit a BIX in this thing? I've got a Koolance EXOS on it now, but I'm getting some stuff from Danger Den by the end of this week. My 12v DD pump is supposed to be in today, and by Friday I plan on ordering the TDX waterblock, Maze4 GPU block, Maze4 chipset block, BIX with a Sunnon 120mm fan... 1/2" Tubing, fittings, yadda, yadda... Zerex supercoolant, etc, etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to give me any advice on my set up. I'm open to sugestions. :D

all i can say is good luck. you might be better off using a radbox. i put together a lanboy for someone last night, and damn it was small.

I've got one and I'm building a WC setup but I have to redesign (or I should say rebuild) the case for it.

can anybody give him any good news? what are the dimensions of ur case? think of it this way:

look up the "NZXT Guardian" on newegg and find the dimensions...write them down, and do the same for the Lanboy....

now, my case is INSANELY SMALL, and i fit a heatercore/pump/res/2 blocks and a 120mm fan all in this tiny POS...

so i think you should be okay, but it will be kind of tight...

Alex41290 said:
can anybody give him any good news? what are the dimensions of ur case? think of it this way:

look up the "NZXT Guardian" on newegg and find the dimensions...write them down, and do the same for the Lanboy....

NZXT Guardian = 7.8" x 17" x 17.8" (WxHxD)
Antec Lanboy = 8.2"" x 17.3" X 16.5" (DxWxH)
;)

Alex41290 said:

now, my case is INSANELY SMALL, and i fit a heatercore/pump/res/2 blocks and a 120mm fan all in this tiny POS...

so i think you should be okay, but it will be kind of tight...

Got a pic of it?

did he mean me or u?? lol, he quoted mine...i do have a pic of my case though...

new.JPG

Add a chipset block to that pic above and that would be it. Tight but deffinitely doable.

Lothar5150 said:

I'll take that as a "yes"... :p

Anyways, I was actually thinking of taking out one of my optical devices (I have 2 currently) and cutting a blowhole in the top of the case. Think that would be a good spot for the rad??

see my above post...but it would look different for urs...the top of my case (as well as the whole thing) has to be the most idiotic design ever...that said, you should be able to fit it.

ballr4lyf said:
I'll take that as a "yes"... :p

Anyways, I was actually thinking of taking out one of my optical devices (I have 2 currently) and cutting a blowhole in the top of the case. Think that would be a good spot for the rad??

If you get a Super Lan Boy you can mod without the need to cut. Just drill out the drive cage. By mounting the rad at the front of the case pulling cool air through the rad you’ll get optimum cooling.

Lothar5150 said:
If you get a Super Lan Boy you can mod without the need to cut. Just drill out the drive cage. By mounting the rad at the front of the case pulling cool air through the rad you’ll get optimum cooling.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I have four 3.5" devices that I need to have mounted. I can probably do without the FDD, but the other 3 are kinda key to the system. :confused:

But that is a very clean install you got there. I wish I could do without the drive cage (stupid RAID configuration :mad: ). It would make for a lot more room inside the case too.

Lothar5150 said:
You could try the Swiftech rad box but you still will need to relocate the pump
I was thinking of putting the pump where alex has his. Maybe... dunno yet... :confused:

But I did order all of my stuff from DD last night. :D

-Sending 1 of Item # AMDKit; Custom Kit:, A64, TDX, Lucite, M4Chip,
M4GPU Black-8 RAMsinks-Alumina Epoxy, 1/2 OD, Xtreme BLUE, Sunon
120mm, -, -, 10 ft CF60, -, AS 5 , 4oz Zerex Coolant, Stainless Steel, 12
Clamps/Y/T
Comments: none, Giftmessage: none, Subtotal: $268.15, Taxes: $0.00,
Shipping Cost: $0.00
-Sending 1 of Item # ddfpclear; Danger Den Fillport - Clear, 1/2" OD
Fitting for 1/2" ID Tubing
Comments: none, Giftmessage: none, Subtotal: $11.95, Taxes: $0.00,
-Sending 1 of Item # TDXNOZZLES; TDX Nozzle Set - Complet set of Nozzles
Comments: none, Giftmessage: none, Subtotal: $4.99, Taxes: $0.00,
:D

Working on getting it put together now. Got everything out of the case, and hope to have it all together, leak tested on friday night, and fully operational by the weekend. I'll post pics as soon as I'm done. :)

Back