• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Watercooling for XBOX 360?

apopleptic

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
340
I've never done anything with watercooling, but my XBox keeps getting the RROD due to overheating. Already replaced the thermal paste and it kames it so I can game for about 15 or 20 minutes before it overheats and I have to start all over.
Saw a waterblock for the 360 that seemed cheap at $44 shipped.
http://www.jab-tech.com/xbox-360/xspc-xbox-360-cpu/gpu-waterblock/

What else would I need? two threaded connectors, a punk, a reservoir, and some tubing?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
It might just be cheaper to, A) Buy a new Xbox360, B) Wait for X.1 to come out and get that or PS4, or C) Switch to pc gaming.

I say this just because wc'ing an xbox 360 requires you to find a separate enclosure, is costly in time, and is not always the right thing to do. Have you tried cleaning the fan of dust or replacing it for a better one?
 
A) For some reason all the stores seem to want like $180 for a used xbox360 [seriously WTF]
B) Absolutely will never ever own or go near an XB1 due to it's native spying and ridiculous connection once a day requirements.
C) This has nothing to do with PC gaming. I just ordered a 7950 and will be doing that as well.

I'm not worried about an enclosure, especially with that bock I linked to since it supposedly will allow you to close the case back up after making holes for the hoses.
Time I have.
I cleaned and also replaced the fan. I even added two additional fans. within moments I'm pretty sure that heatsink still becomes the hottest thing outside of a pizza oven. I guarantee you could cook an egg on it. Maybe even bacon.
 
Last edited:
I've never done anything with watercooling, but my XBox keeps getting the RROD due to overheating. Already replaced the thermal paste and it kames it so I can game for about 15 or 20 minutes before it overheats and I have to start all over.
Saw a waterblock for the 360 that seemed cheap at $44 shipped.
http://www.jab-tech.com/xbox-360/xspc-xbox-360-cpu/gpu-waterblock/

What else would I need? two threaded connectors, a punk, a reservoir, and some tubing?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.


A punk eh ;)
 
I cleaned and also replaced the fan. I even added two additional fans. within moments I'm pretty sure that heatsink still becomes the hottest thing outside of a pizza oven. I guarantee you could cook an egg on it. Maybe even bacon.

If the heatsink is getting warm quickly, then it is doing its job. I don't think you need three fans pointed at the heatsink. Perhaps there is another underlying problem?
 
If the heatsink is getting warm quickly, then it is doing its job. I don't think you need three fans pointed at the heatsink. Perhaps there is another underlying problem?
I'm not talking warm, I'm talking too hot to touch without burning yourself.
What would you suggest looking at?
 
I'm not talking warm, I'm talking too hot to touch without burning yourself.
What would you suggest looking at?

Your Xbox doesn't generate more heat than any other Xbox. Are you thinking that yours in unique and it needs water cooling when others don't? You're going to end up spending over $100 in parts for something that is never needed for any console only to find out that you still have red rings and other issues.
 
Maybe Relapp heatsink and learn to put paste on better. If you have 3 fans make sure they are pulling air in and pushing air out. This should be great cooling.


You might need to take the board out and reflow as the shitty solder might be damaged somewhere and no amount of cooling is going to fix it...
 
Watercooling a 360 or a PS3, really doesnt make sense (at least for me and a few others) right now with next gen around the corner.

50$- Waterblock
100$- Radiator/Pump/Fittings.

Youre pretty much at xbox slim prices already, not to mention its gonna look terrible.
If you want it to look good youre going to have to find a lian li xb01 somewhere, add about another 120.


Might have a better bet reflowing it and trying one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-TR-360-XBOX-360-GPU-Cooler/dp/B004LZIVR4
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
yeah i would go with that gpu cooler.


then maybe add in some fans and cut some holes you know make it like a pc case
 
Back
Top