• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Watercooling Fan...

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
25,066
Hey guys, I've recently found myself in a bit of a dilemma... I bought a Black Ice Xtreme Radiator from voyeurmods.com, and assuming I'll ever get it (It's been 2 weeks, USPS Shipping to Canada can't normally take this long... Can it?) I don't think it's going to fit in my case. You see, I cut a 120mm blowhole in the top of my case to fit the rad, but theres only about 12mm between my topmost bay insert (it's a resevoir) and the bottom of the res... I have a 25mm tall, 120mm fan pulling air from the radiator, but was thinking that I could swap it to a thinner 12mm high fan with a substantial enough CFM rating. How many CFM's do you really think I'll need to cool the rad with only an OC'd (2.7ghz) X2 3800 on the cooling loop? I'll eventually add in a NB waterblock, but my GPU will stay aircooled. An underclocked 7800 GT that stays fairly cool and still performs really well doesn't merit the extra cooling benefits from WC IMO. So yeah? Any suggestions on a High and thin CFM fan?
 
I'm not aware of any 12mm thick fan in any size. I thought 15mm was about as skinny as they go.

Why dont you just put the fan on the outside of the case or move your res to a different bay?
 
Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing, Thanks for the reply, I appreaciate it :)
 
Back
Top