Watercooling a Sugo SG02

Derangel

Fully [H]
I'm planning to do a nearly top to bottom upgrade of my loop and add a GPU block into it next month . Due to the nic port on my mobo dying I need a new board. My brother (the guy that actually put my loop together because I don't trust myself to do it) and I were discussing SFF possibilities and we were looking at the Sugo SG02. We realize it will require quite a bit of modding and we have a few thoughts on that front, but I really wanted to source knowledge from people with a lot more experience (we are quite literally learning as we're going here).

What I'm looking at doing is:

Two 360 Black Ice Stealth GTs, mounted externally one on each side
Two Bitspower Water Tank-Z Multi 250 reservoirs mounted to the top
Two DangerDen CPX1 Pumps on the inside (more on this in a second)
An EK 570 block
Simply due to price reasons I'll probably stick with the XSPC Rasa block, though if I can swing it I'd like an Appoge HD

It will all be cooling a 2500K and a GTX 570. I'm aware that it is massive overkill for the hardware, but I'll probably grab a second 570 at some point and I want the cooling hardware to stay with me through upgrades.

The big problem we have is putting the pumps somewhere. It is easy to fit one on the side of the HDD tray, but the second pump is the real issue. What we were thinking of doing was putting it in the optical bay on it's side. My question with that is simple: Is that safe to do with a pump? I know they're designed to sit straight up, but can we lay it on it's side without damaging it?

The reason we were thinking about doing two loops is simply aesthetics. A single long res on top of the case would look kinda dumb I think, but two will add nice symmetry. Same with having two rads.

I guess what I'm really after here is some discussion on the challenges, possibilities, other options, and just over all information that we would need going into this. Our first experience with watercooling was in September when we both got loops. Thank you in advance for any and all help, information, and just general discussion you will hopefully give.

Edit: Thought of another question. Does tubing size really matter and if it does what is the benefits and disadvantages of say 7/16ths vs 1/2. I'm planning to get compression fittings for everything. Also when looking for tubing what should I look for? The tubing I'm using now is what came with the loop when I bought it from another [H] member.

Last edited:
would be pretty cool you may have some trouble with size restraints but it would be nicde

Back