Watercooling a PSU

Ummm, what?

Why would you do that exactly?

And even if you do it, you're still going to have to have fans on the radiator, unless you get a huge ass one and don't run the comp for too long at one time.

Originally posted by waddles
Ummm, what?

Why would you do that exactly?

And even if you do it, you're still going to have to have fans on the radiator, unless you get a huge ass one and don't run the comp for too long at one time.

Then just get another watercooling system to cool the radiator :p

Looking at the inside of a spare PSU, the fans do nothing but blow air across two heat sinks and a couple of coils in the center.

So if you increased the size of the heat sinks and added a water block, you could cool it down. But would take some experimenting to get it right.

The only thing I see wrong with a fan less case is the total removal of air movement on all the components. This may not be a factor, but something to think about, as alot of factory built systems have almost no air movement.

and if you run your lines to a different area you would not have to listen to the radiators fans ( mine are going to go thru the floor to under the house where even in the summer the temps are 30 degrees below the room , my computers are in on the 100 plus days we get, and never get below 50, during the winter )

that way all i will have to listen to is the quiet PSU fan.

Let us know how it works , so I can try it too:D

Back