Watercooling a gtx 285

I just bought a gtx 285, and would like to put my D-Tek Fuzion GFX2 waterblock on the card. Their website says it will fit the 260 and 280 series, but since the 285 is a 280 revision, I was wondering if this block would fit on the 285. Has anyone here tried this or knows if it will fit?

Thanks,

Tad

According to a search here, mounting holes are the same as the 280. Keep in mind you'll need to cool the VRM/RAM with airsinks.

post pictures when you are done, please :) Also, how are you gonna attach ramsinks and where at?

Not sure yet, as I have not pulled the thing apart. The ram and the mosfets will get the heatsinks first, then if I have any sinks left over I'll cover other parts. I'll try to cover anything that has a thermal pad attached to it now. The heatsinks I have include thermal tape, so I'm just going to use that. I don't want anything permanent, so some heat dissipation is better than no head dissipation.

I'll post pictures as soon as I finish with it... possibly tomorrow.

well, as long as the chips are clean before heatsink install, they will hold fine. What helps me here also is that my video card installs in upside-down ATX, as upposed to regular ATX, which has the card upside down.

Back