• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Waterblock

SpeedSlayer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
4,219
One of the barbs on the waterblock came off when I was installing the tubing.

I put rubber cement on the waterblock let it dry for 15 minutes, then setup the system. When the air valve was closed for 5 minutes, it started to leak (as in bubbling).


If I apply JB Weld to the block where the barb is, will it hold better then rubber cement?
 
Dont use rubber cement. JB weld and any kind of epoxy will work tons better, but what kind of waterblock doesnt use threads for the top?
 
It was threaded, its a D-Tek. I dont member the exact type because I didnt order it. However, they used rubber cement on the other side.
 
if it is threaded then just take out old barb and go to HW store, get a matching one, and use that, then use some teflon tape and maybe some JB weld just to m]be sure!
 
Back
Top