• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Waterblock for a Radeon 8500?

agrikk

Gawd
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Messages
933
I'm sick of buzzing 40mm fans and have decided to add a GPU block to my cooling loop, but I can't seem to find any information about one that will fit my 8500 card.

Anyone have any ideas?


Agrikk
 
I don't think the 8500 has mounting holes (mine doesn't...)

Your best option is to take a reasonably (not insanely) large heatsink and just glue it on with AA epoxy.
 
I bought a vantec iceberg, which is recommended for the 9200 and up, and it fit my 8500 perfect. So I imagine that waterblocks will fit the same. Oh my card is an ATI made 8500.
 
How did you mount it?

I thought the 8500 didn't have any holes in the PCB. Did you use thermal epoxy?


Agrikk
 
Back
Top