Waterblock design software

jackbauer

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys i am starting to design some water blocks but i am only doing them on paper. i am wondering if anyone knows of some software that i can get to further my progress so that i can input the design in to a cnc machine. any help would be nice. thanks guys and i have faith that someone out there knows a little something about design software.

jackbauer said:
hey guys i am starting to design some water blocks but i am only doing them on paper. i am wondering if anyone knows of some software that i can get to further my progress so that i can input the design in to a cnc machine. any help would be nice. thanks guys and i have faith that someone out there knows a little something about design software.

You'll have to find out what kind of input your CNC mill will accept, if you have one available already. As far as CAD software goes, I like Autocad2000 and Cadkey. I think if you learn the ropes of any CAD package, transferring your knowledge to another package is fairly easy.

Yeah, I agree with zer0, learn one and the reast are easy to pick up. I use Autocad2004 and Pro-E. If you really want some advice as far as design goes, I can think of no one who has put more time into waterblock design than Cather.

Back