water

jws2346

[H]ard|Gawd
If this question has already been asked I apologize. I did a search, but couldn't find any answer for water cooling a 8800 GT GPU in a 24/7 folding boxen. :confused:

Seeing I'm kinda' a fledgling to WC'ing. I love it and would never go back to air coolin' even under the penalty of death. (except maybe a purely dedicated 24/7 folding boxen, never to see anything but F@H WU's) I was wondering how this cooler sounds "Thermaltake CL-W0153 " because it's only $68.99 on the egg ATM (I think most full cover GPU WB.s are like $100 + USD) :p

Yeah, I get it, with a coolin' fan for the WB it kinda' shoots the quiet idea down, but then again, if it works efficiently, I could care less about a little fan noise :rolleyes:

Man up and pony up for a real wc setup !

I just spent 250$ 2 days ago on a new order for watercooling my HTPC box (EK FC88 block for 49$ and free shipping is hard to resist :p).

Man up and pony up for a real wc setup !

I just spent 250$ 2 days ago on a new order for watercooling my HTPC box (EK FC88 block for 49$ and free shipping is hard to resist :p).

Yeah, I most definitely will, it was just interesting seeing a fan and WB all in one. :D

You'll notice I didn't buy one before I asked the "masters" of WC'ing for advice first (between you and the other experienced folders on this team there ain't much I can't find out about folding). It does sound a little "far out" like the WC'ed cpu HSF's. :eek:

$250 bucks, all for $49 bucks and free shipping. That free shippin' will get ya' everytime :eek:

I'm personally running the MCW-60 with some swiftech ramsinks and also the thermalright VRM sinks on my 8800GT. It's plumbed into my main loop that also cools my 3350 on a MCR-220 rad. My 8800 never gets above 43c running the folding client. I'd go with a universal block over that thermaltake thing. Or I'd see if you can find a used full cover block for cheap like xilikon did.

Imitation, mine is brand new ;) It's on clearance at NCIX.

It's 250$ total, including 49$ EK FC, MCP355, Primochill 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tubing and D-Tek Fuzion v2 (I'll put that on my main pc and install the current v1 in the HTPC). Remain the HWLabs GTX240 to buy when it get back in stock next week. A bit expensive but WC can outlast any hardware so it's a solid investment IMHO.

Imitation, mine is brand new ;) It's on clearance at NCIX.

It's 250$ total, including 49$ EK FC, MCP355, Primochill 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tubing and D-Tek Fuzion v2 (I'll put that on my main pc and install the current v1 in the HTPC). Remain the HWLabs GTX240 to buy when it get back in stock next week. A bit expensive but WC can outlast any hardware so it's a solid investment IMHO.

Well then, if they have any more that's probably the best way to go. Won't be portable to the next card you buy, but cheaper than going universal + ram and vrm sinks.

Not only is WC a solid investment, its WAY more fun than boring ole aircooling. :) And you usually get what you pay for, cheaper stuff like the thermaltake usually doesn't perform as well.

Back