• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

water wetter + Koolance

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
Messages
8,936
Damn. Just read this from the Koolance manual.

Adding alternative fluids like dyes, tap water, purified water, WATER WETTER vill void the warranty and damage your system through chemical reaction.

How serious would I take this. If my warranty is voided I can live with but can water wetter really hurt my system? Anyone got any experience?
 
Drain it, flush it, use straight water, don't worry about it.
 
It wont hurt your system at all. But do not expect it to drop your temps. It is really only to help build-up.
 
take it as you want, but after I put a full bottle of Water Wetter in there about a week later, the water pump blew out. The thing that sucks is the fact that in the Koolance case, the pump and the reservoir is built into one. I leaked water + the water wetter all over my computer..The reservoir blew. It was bad...

Not saying the water wetter did this, but I am saying that its a bit coincidental.
 
but aren`t you supposed to just have a bit of water wetter to kill the surface tension not a hole bottlè:

It may react with the koolance additive perhaps :confused:
 
Originally posted by vanillacoke
take it as you want, but after I put a full bottle of Water Wetter in there about a week later, the water pump blew out. The thing that sucks is the fact that in the Koolance case, the pump and the reservoir is built into one. I leaked water + the water wetter all over my computer..The reservoir blew. It was bad...

Not saying the water wetter did this, but I am saying that its a bit coincidental.

NO wonder you fucked it up...you only use a cap full for every 2 quarts. Damn dairy products... :rolleyes:


Koolance has its own stuff you put in??
 
Back
Top