Water pump recommendations please

dashakes

n00b
I was wondering what the quietest decent performing water pump is on the market right now? It doesn't have to be a top performer, but as close to inaudible as possible, because I'm trying to build a dead silent system here, hopefully close to as silent as my laptop :)

Also, anyone hear anything good on the Innovatek Konvekt -O-Matic passive rad?

Let me know, thanks.

I'm running a Maxijet 1200. It's damn near silent and flows 295 GPH @ 5' 7" head.

Danner mag 3 is my choice pump.

I believe they are probably the most powerful for the money at 350gph and 10.5 ft head at about 40 bucks.

It is also very very quiet.

Originally posted by killernoodle
Danner mag 3 is my choice pump.

I believe they are probably the most powerful for the money at 350gph and 10.5 ft head at about 40 bucks.

It is also very very quiet.

I got that beat, 22 bucks shipped for my Maxijet. (295 GPH) Of course that Mag 3 has Head pressure to spare.

Originally posted by cgrant26
I got that beat, 22 bucks shipped for my Maxijet. (295 GPH) Of course that Mag 3 has Head pressure to spare.

Where at?

not inexpensive by any means but it kicks ass --
rainbow lifeguard quiet one:
1140gph at full flow
it will push 724gph through 1 inch line at 4 feet of head.
wet rotor design - no maintenance, zero noise.

by zero noise, I mean I have to look at the inline flow meter to make sure it is actually running.

the newly redesigned quiet ones from rainbow look like they will be kick ass as well...

Hydor L30 has to be the finest, quietest, and most powerful pump for the money on themarket. I absolutely love mine! I can't hear it, and had to keep checking it because I thought it was off for the first month! These are the temps I'm getting feeding a Danger Den Z-chipset block first, and the RBX CPU block second. The pump, Radiator, and reservoir are externally placed. These temps are going to shock you. bare in mind I'm in the NorthEast USA, and the components are on the floor below a window I open periodically to cool things down. I'm also using 2x120mm/92CFM Sunons, in push/pull.

3905MHzCPUCool7C.jpg

There's more info/screenshots at my site ksBrainstorms

Back