Water Flow Direction Question?

bbowers12

n00b
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
14
I am getting ready to order a water cooled setup and have been doing some research. I am just going to cool the CPU. My question is how should the water flow from pump?

Should it be:
Reservoir to
Pump to
Radiator to
Water Block to
Reservoir

or does it need to go from

Reservoir to
Pump to
Water Block to
Radiator to
Reservoir
 
the block needs pressure so lot's of peeps like to run

pump
block
rad
rez
 
malicious said:
the block needs pressure so lot's of peeps like to run

pump
block
rad
rez
the other advantage is the cooler water is also in the res which is the largest body of water, that can give you better cooling potential
 
Darkala said:
the other advantage is the cooler water is also in the res which is the largest body of water, that can give you better cooling potential
:confused:

Run it so that your tubing has fewest sharp bends and looks how you like it. Order doesn't matter, water temp varies very little anywhere in the loop. The only thing you might want to consider is placing the res before the pump inlet, it has been suggested that this reduces the possibility of pump cavitation.
 
the above poster makes a good point.

I see

Res->Pump->Rad->block

very often....it also seems to flow in a system better that way with few bends. I have a SFF and that is how mine works.
 
Back
Top