Water Cooling.

I don't like all the noise my fans are making so I was wondering how much would it be if I went to water cooling? Should I? How hard is it to hook it up? And is it worth it? My computer is decent as of right now but in the future I'll always upgrade to better stuff.

Originally posted by [|-|a|f E|ite]
I don't like all the noise my fans are making so I was wondering how much would it be if I went to water cooling? Should I? How hard is it to hook it up? And is it worth it? My computer is decent as of right now but in the future I'll always upgrade to better stuff.
1. It would be 150 dollars. It could be louder. It could be quieter.
2. It ranges from easy to hard.
3. It is worth it if you have the balls.

Being vague does not invite good answers.

Here is what you are to do:
1. Read more posts.
2. Make less threads.
3. Research.
4. Research.
5. ....
6. Research.
7. And more reading.
8. Then you ask. No need to crowd the forums with questions only you can answer.

In regards to your loudness issue:

1. Buy a quiet harddrive. Seagate's are nice. Samsung too.
2. Buy/make a fanbus.
3. Replace all your case fans with quiet fans.
4. Have nothing under 80mm (fan-wise).
5. Buy/mod PSU to silence.
6. Get a Thermalright heatsink and mount a 120mm fan above it and 5v it.

If you have multiple harddrives in your computer, then build yourself a simple file server and put that computer in another room. Once you go server you never go back.

I am researching now. I have read posts. I'm sorry if I crowded the forums. I just wanted opinions thats all.

Originally posted by [|-|a|f E|ite]
I am researching now. I have read posts. I'm sorry if I crowded the forums. I just wanted opinions thats all.
Don't be sad.

Your questions are VERY vague. I mean...very vague. Such a wide range of answers makes for a useless answer.

Keep reading though.

Take the bottom half of my post in consideration, though. I went to watercooling for a while, dumped it because the performance isn't worth the worry.

Thanks. I will take that into consideration. If I have fans bigger then 80mm they are quieter? And what is a fanbus? Oh. Wait. I'll go and research. Thanks for your opinion.

Keep in mind that, what with the search function disabled, we get a lot of questions along the lines of your initial post.

If you want to do watercooling, and feel you have the necessary skills, then consider first buying a kit such as the Flowmaster XT from D-Tek Customs. It has most of the components you'll need in one package, and will probably out-perform the EXOS units.

Also recommend spending a few days looking in the watercooled gallery to see how different systems are put together.

Quick answers to your last post:

Fans larger than 80mm are usually quieter. When shopping for fans, you'll want to look at their noise output (dBA). The lower the quieter. Smaller fans spin faster, and generally make more noise.

A fanbus is a unit that fits either in the 3.5" bay or the 5.25" bay, has multiple fan connections, and allows the user to manually adjust the RPM of the connected fans. Look for fanbus units that supply around 20W of power per connection

depends, if you dont like the noise you still going to need a fan on your rad, so depending on the type of rad and size you get you still might get some noise, but its up to you i got water cooling, after researching it a bit, and it works well for me 3200+ idel 23C Load 29C

Back