Water Cooling XP2500m

Whimpy

Limp Gawd
Ok as the thread states I am going to be Watercooling an XP2500m.
Allready got the heater core, with 1/2" barbs, single 120mm fan, ehim 1250 pump, Maze4 cpu cooler. This is my first jump into Water cooling, and just want to hook everything up right. What is the prefered route to hook everything up? Was thinking pump >>>Rad >>>cpu >>> Res. >>> back to pump. This okay or should i switch things up some?

That's the best way to have the coolest water to the block, with standard WC, imo. Install the rad and fan as an intake, to keep temps down even more. :cool:

Res -> Pump -> rad -> Block -> REs

This ensures the water is cooled prior to hitting the CPU the heat added by the pump is minor really and if you put the rad after the pump sure it will decrease water flow a little but it will remove that added heat anyhow.

Koslov said:
if you put the rad after the pump sure it will decrease water flow a little.
Actually, the order doesn't affect the flow rates.

Going res->pump is good for preventing cavitation. Beyond that, do whatever's easiest, Whimpy. Having the rad before the CPU will only gain you a couple tenths of a degree.

Thanks for the replies :) guess it realy doesnt matter which way i throw it in as long as it is all in... These boards are a wealth of knowledge :) .

I'm pretty new to WCing(bout 2 months)., so I've been experimenting with positining. If all the components in your loop are the sam then it doesn't matter which order they're in. Flow and temp will be the same. Equilibrium will be acheived in the water.

One other suggestion. Put the res directly before the pump, and use larger tubing. It does help out the pump.

Back