• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

water cooling soon, suggestions?

greasedneut

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
102
I have a budget of 500 dollars and I don't really know much about w/c

I would like an external kit that is good quality and will let me oc alot.

I have a

Antec P160 Case
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
Athlon 64 3200+
BFG 6800 Ultra
1GB DDR400 Corsair XMS DDR400
Antec 550 True PSU
Seagate 160GB Serial ATA HDD

Keep in mind that I am eventually going to upgrade to the FX55 and probably the MSI K8 Neo Platinum2 or w/e the 939 board is called

I want cooling for the northbridge, cpu, and video card

thanks alot guys!
 
$500 is too much to spend, anything over $300 and you're getting into diminishing returns. Perhaps you should save up another $350 or so and get a Vapochill, then you can do some insane overclocking :cool:

I haven't seen any external w/c kits that are really good enough to trio-cool. With that sort of cash you could either build your own external and bank a couple hundred, or upgrade to a nice new system which will perform better than your current setup even with $500 worth of water cooling.
 
I have no idea about the Corsair thingy, but you could just buy a nice Danger Den setup with a Danger Den Silver TDX block, a dual heatercore, the Danger Den all in one GeForce 6800 block, and a northbridge block if so desired. Of course all using 1/2" tubing with chrome barbs and either a reservoir or a Danger Den T line and plug along with the Laing D4 12v pump. Instead of adding it internally, stuff it into a box of some sort, and there you'll have a top performing external water cooling setup. External boxes can easily be purchased or made. Viola!
 
Aqua-Computer is coming out with an external setup that surely will eat up your 500.00.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Aqua-Computer is coming out with an external setup that surely will eat up your 500.00.
are those good though? i had a tough time finding reviews in English
 
Here's a external system I built. It cost around $300.00 to build complete.......... :eek:
You can read the complete build here: External Water Box

DSC883.jpg
 
bah nm that looks to hard for me to build lol

the danger den kits...do they come w/ guides?
 
Back
Top