Water Cooling Setup / Suggestions and Help

Outie

n00b
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
12
So here we go again with all the typing since I guess I took to long the first time and got logged out and lost everything.... DOH!!!

Ok well after splurging on my system and my new case (which I think is the best case ever made), I can finally cool it the way I want. Ill list my system specs and what I have pieced together as far as water cooling products go and if yall would let me know what yall think! Thanks!

System Specs
Motherboard: EVGA NVIDIA 680i AR
CPU: Intel E6600 Conroe 2.4 GHz
Video Card: Asus 8800 GTX 768MB
RAM: Corsair 2GB TWIN2X2048-8500C5
Case: Mountain Mods - U2-UFO Duality (http://www.mountainmods.com/u2ufo-duality-black-powder-coat-window-p-389.html)

So there are the specs to the system. ROAR I love that case plenty of room for a nice water cooling setup and ... it holds two complete systems. Now for the water cooling setup:

Water Cooling Setup
CPU Block: Swiftech APOGEE GT (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/APOGEEGT.asp)
GPU Block: Swiftech MCW60-R (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw60-R.asp)
GPU Heatsinks: Swiftech MC8800 (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mc8800.asp)
Reservoir: Mountain Mods CJERKSMR (http://www.mountainmods.com/circulator-reservoir-side-mount-retruder-p-356.html)
Radiator: Swiftech MCR-320 (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCR320-QP.asp)
Pump: Swiftech MCP655 (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcp655.asp)
Tubing: 1/2" all the way around

Ok I dont think I missed anything. Yall please let me know what you think / suggest.

One question what do yall mean when you use the term "loop" Like Swiftech used it here with the apogee GTX: .... the "GTX" remains a perfect solution for multi-waterblock loops.

Thanks!
 
It means the trend of putting in multiple loops in a computer. Each loop contains a pump, block(s), radiator, and a reservoir or T line. Say one loop for the GPU, one for the GPU(s), and one for the mb components, HD's, etc. This is the American way.

The Euro way is to put most of them all on one distinct loop. I think the Euro way is good providing you understand that your OC has little to do with your water cooling circuit providing you use good components.

With the pump your using you won't even miss the degree or two you lose in water temps by dropping down to 6-10mm ID tubing size. Your actual CPU temps probably would move less than a degree total. Using smaller tubing makes running tubing easy and puts considerably less torsional stress on your electronic components.
 
The loop is the cooling circuit... Water loops from the pump, to the block, to the rad, right back to the pump. It travels in a circle, or a loop :)

That looks good... Although I don't suggest that reservoir... A swiftech Micro-res is much easier to bleed from.

Get Masterkleer tubing if you can... The 7/16" ID of it allows it to fit VERY snugly over 1/2" barbs, preventing almost any leaks! I ran without hose-clamps for months without so much as a drop.
 
Arc

Thanks for the suggestions man! I am hoping to order tonight if I can get a few more comments on the system. This case is huge so looking for the best options.

On the reservoir I wasn't sure if bigger was better or not so I will def. go with the mico from Swiftech.
 
Depending on your budget, I'd go with a thermochill PA120.3 rad

Why not get the Apogee GTX? (or the dtek fuzion is also a nice choice).

I like the looks of the fat tubing, so I'd go with Tygon 1/2", but again if you're budget limited, the Masterkleer 7/16" is pretty good too.


You're also gonna need some fans (Yate Loons SM or SLs), I think these parts all come with plastic fittings, if you want chrome you should order those, also you may feel safer with worm drive clamps, although some people prefer the plastic ones that swiftech packages with its stuff, and some other prefer zipties.


All of these are always debated, in the end (most of the time) it's all up to what you prefer, and of course your budget.

the Microres is a pretty good res, I also like the EK one, again preference.

check out www.petrastechshop.com they have a lot of good parts there.
jab-tech.net has the cheapest CPU blocks (at least the GTX/fuzion - both $60)
sidewindercomputers.com has good pricing on tubing, also the black Tygon tubing.
 
looks nice.. if you are using 1/2" tubing you should get some metal worm clamps to make sure your loop doesnt leak
 
Thanks a ton guys,

on the Tygon Tubing.. can I use the black neoprean stuff instead of the glossy black tubing? Like a 2 dollars different a foot.
 
Back
Top