Water Cooling Setup...Need Your Opinion

J4M3S0N79

Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
812
Word Up!
I am going to be doing a custom water cooling set up and I really want to shy away from doing and [H]core mods on my case. I was thinking of going with 2 of these radiators (Dual 80MM)

Radiator

Now I have a LianLi PC75 and I could put these on the inside, but they would be much better suited on the outside (IMO). I came up with the following schematic.

PC75.jpg


In this case I would mount the radiators on the outside, the fans on the inside and completely reverse the flow of air in the case. Question is, do you think that a HydorL30 has the pumpage to push that much liquid though a 1/2" ID system, or should I go with a powerful Ehiem? Anyway, Let me know what you think.

Thanks
M
 
why not pull the case air out through the rads, instead of pushing it in to the case, if you case does not have enough space to vent the air going in, it will hurt your air flow through the rads and thus your temps.
 
I think you should get the Danner Mag3. I got one, haven't hooked it up yet, but it seems like quality stuff, and beats the hell out of the hydor and Eheim pumps in the spec area.

mine was about $50 shipped from Reefgeeks.com, its 350GPH and has 10.5' of head.

Anyway, If you're going to mount them externally why not just use a single dual 120mm radiator and make it quiet, you may have to build a little enclosure for it, but its not like your system will be ultra portable the way you have it drawn up anyway. I would aim for performance and low noise levels... 80mm fans just can't provide both at the same time.
 
You think that a BIX 2 would be better than 2 micros? What are the btu ratings on each?

Thanks,
M
 
a double 120mm setup will be more than enough, that's for sure. My friend's Exos gives really nice temps, and that thing is crap compared to a nice home-built setup.

I'm just waiting on my rad right now, I'm getting one from 2fresh.. send him a pm, he is selling a nice twin 120mm sized heatercore with barbs, painted, for $40 shipped!!!! I think its a great deal. I got one from him, but I'm waiting for him to get his hands on some chrome fittings. They cost extra, and he had to order them.

Anyway, with 2 120mm panaflow L1A's pulling through a heatercore, I expect awesome temps with little to no noise. A much better way to go than 4 80mm fans making tons of racket.
 
Back
Top