• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Water Cooling Possible in a Small Case?

Naldo

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 7, 2001
Messages
3,739
Im thinking about getting doing water cooling but most of the pictures of WC systems I've seen are all in big cases, Im planning on buying a small mATX case. Is WC possible in a samll case?

For refernece, this is the case im am getting.
 
Well of course its possible. You really have to spend some time on pre-design though. The more planning the better your finish product will be. You may have to house the radiatior externally but with some cutting and modding I dont see why you cant fit everything internally if this is your goal?
 
It's possible, People have Watercooled there SFFs. There are a few things to be aware of though, for one thing Your radiator+res will probably have to be attached on the outside. Also, I would suggest using 3/8" tygon tubing (se less kinking and less space used up). A single 120mm rad would be good, But a smaller (I.E. single/dual 80mm) would be accaptable. Also, try to get a small res (Like on of those micro cylinder ones). Remember though, plan plan plan, and make sure you get enough fastener clips so that every single connection is secure and leakproof
 
Also, does Watercoolng use alot of power? The case im thinking about getting has a 270W power supply and I want to know if that is sufficient.
 
offthehook said:
270 is weak for even non water cooling

not necessarily, for example the 240W SilentX PSU in the SN95G5 is very capable. There are people with 6800GTs, 3000+ @ 2.5GHz, raptor HD, and watercooling with like an mcp350 pump and they are not experiencing stability problems. There is more to consider in the psu than the manufacturers rated output.
 
Sit the EXOS on the side then. In fact it can even be below or above it. We once ran an EXOS 8 feet above the computer (don't ask why) and it worked just fine.
 
I was pricing some things on frozen CPU.com and it seems like water cooling cost alot more than I expected (Came out to be like $300). I think I might just stick with air for now.
 
I am setting up water cooling in my modded PIA Cube system... i am doing external Radiator but internal res. and i did it all for about $200 went with the Dtek CSP-750 since the pump is only like 2 inches square and a Dual 80mm Radiator that is going to be mounted to the outside of the case.. the Criticool Waterplant is 4inches by 2.5 inches so its small.. and then all you need is a water block and tubing.. i will have my moded Pia pics up when i get it finished but i am lazy so it will take awhile... but i think you could have some fun moding that case to fit water cooling in to it.. i think you should try..
 
Back
Top