water cooling on a shark case

bobstone

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
361
hey all, I am planing to wc my computer in a month or 2, going to drop maby 200 ish on it. my case shark

i want to do internal mostly, but if i can get really good performance that out ways my want to have it all internal I will go external. i will also maby spend 300 ish if it is that much better of a deal. but I am looking for something really nice from what i have heard buying parts sepratly will get ya a better deal and for the most part better parts. I want to have my cpu, gpu, and chipset done up ( the chipset might be really hard cause it is located under the front edge of my vid card). so ya all have any recommedations ??

Thanks
Bob
 
Well I have the same case as you and I use the blocks that are in my sig...as a pump I use the Swiftech MCP655 and mount it where my floppy drive usually goes (I took that out). The reservior that I use is just a 5'1/2" drive reservior. If you were to mount the pump where I do (it won't fit on the base of my computer because of my dual vid cards) I would recommend gettings some 90 degree elbow fittings so that you're tubing can make a sharp turn in that tight space (to avoid kinking). As for the VGA blocks...I heard the DangerDen Maze4 VGA blocks are good...just sure you get some copper heatsinks for your video ram.
 
sounds good, right now i got my vid card cooled with a zalaman 7700 cu the ram heatsinks are blue ?? so not sure if they are copper or what, but i got a 120mm mounted on the grill right above the vid card so i think the ram will be ok, my only thought about that is when i get the water cooling I might get new ram heatsinks and use some nice thermal past vs the pads these hs's came with.

how does that system work for you, I plan to up my voltage a bit for o/c reasons and want to make sure i am getting a really strong performing setup, I might also drill some 120mm fan holes so i can mount a dual 120 radiator or what ever it is called ??
 
bobstone said:
sounds good, right now i got my vid card cooled with a zalaman 7700 cu the ram heatsinks are blue ?? so not sure if they are copper or what, but i got a 120mm mounted on the grill right above the vid card so i think the ram will be ok, my only thought about that is when i get the water cooling I might get new ram heatsinks and use some nice thermal past vs the pads these hs's came with.

how does that system work for you, I plan to up my voltage a bit for o/c reasons and want to make sure i am getting a really strong performing setup, I might also drill some 120mm fan holes so i can mount a dual 120 radiator or what ever it is called ??

A good place to buy (where I usually do) is www.crazypc.com. They have pretty much everything I need for watercooling. You don't even need to drill some 120mm holes...you could buy a swiftech rad box mounter like they have at their site...that's what I do. I just installed this system so I have yet to find out, but I've water cooled before...so I can't really tell you how my newly installed system is yet. With the vga ram heatsinks it doesn't matter all that much what the heatsink is made out of...as long as you have them on there...you could either use the thermal pads or paste it's up to you, butI don't think it will make that much of difference...also..you might even want to use thermal epoxy if youre not planning to take those heatsinks off (its a permanent seal).
 
Back
Top