water cooling loop

Cupidsrage

n00b
so i finished my loop and the temps seem to be fair enough but i just wanted to state a few things and see what ppl think if its normal or if i can get cooler temps

set up is
koolance 452x2 rez with 2 pmp450s pumps goes to the rad "koolance Radiator/Fans/Shroud Assembly Kit, 4x120mm, Copper has 4 120mm fans max rpm is 2200 from the rad it goes to the cpu "i7 2600k oc 4.7ghz 1.410v" with an ek supremacy water block from the cpu to the first gpu "gtx 680 with a koolance water block the to the second gpu that is the same setup.
i am using 3/8 copper pipe rather than tubing, my flow seems to be decent but im sure it could be better with 1/2 tubing

idle temps are
cpu=22c
gpu1=24c
gpu2=28c

load temps
cpu=44c
gpu1=45c
gpu2=58c

im guessing that by the time my water reachs the second gpu its already warmed up preventing it to cool as well. this is all well with in operating temps but i was just curious if anyone had some ideas for small changes i could make to improve the cooling power.

3/8" ID tubing is not going to affect your flow to any significant degree.

Those CPU load temps look awfully low for your overclock. What program are you stressing it with?

A 13 degree difference between GPU 1 and GPU 2 is not normal. Are they set up in serial or in parallel? You also may need to check your TIM application with GPU 2. Usual difference should be less than 5 C.

Otherwise, those temps all look good.

i use prime 95 to stress and i left my house and left it running for 2 hours and the cpu did reach 49c in that time and the gpu are in serial.

Check your TIM application for GPU 2. It should only be at most 2-3 degrees hotter than GPU 1, and typically less than that.

Run LinX (IBT Burn test) with max memory and see what your load temps are. However, it's already pretty damn low, so I would say you have a fair amount of overclocking room in terms of temps, but I suspect that you're already at the frequency wall with your 2600k.

That is a brisk ambient temp. Can I ask how you're monitoring the temps for the cpu? My asus AI suite has my 2600k topping out at about 50C while loaded but realtemp has it around 62C. I think realtemp is likely better reporting it as my gpu temps when both are loaded are closer to 60C than 50.

Yea I'm using air suite so mine may be reading like yours I guess I need to get something to read the temps and see what that says.

You're still way below the threshold. The general consensus is that ~85 C is the max safe temp on Intel processors.

yea im not concerned about being within the limits i know i am good there on everything i was just curious if i was at a norm for my set up its my first water loop so im not sure on what the normal for my sertup.

You should try Intel Burn Test on max. It'll hit higher maximums than Prime will.

If I run at 4.8ghz / 1.37v, with an ambient of 20-21c, IBT will hit 70c, but Prime will only hit about 65c.

with intel burn test at max i hit 68c i also had to up my voltage to 1.425 i got a little unstable on prime at 1.41

heres a few images of how my setup looks i know its messy lol

img20120906155606.jpg

img20120829173147.jpg

img20120906155555.jpg

Back