• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Water cooling loop order

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
3,035
I'm adding a water cooled 7970 to my loop and was wondering what the best order for my loop should be.

Right now I have the CPU and mobo cooled by a XSPC EX 360 rad. I bought an EK Coolstream XTC 280 rad to add with the video card. I also have the XSPC reservoir / pump (MCP-655) combo that fits in the front bay.

What order do you recommend?

Thanks
 
Order doesn't mean anything as long as the reservoir comes before the pump. Route it so you have the shortest tubing.

Don't believe the myth that you have to put a radiator after the pump to "dump" heat added to the loop by the pump. When your CPU dumps 200w and a GPU like that dumping 300 or more, 18w of pump heat doesn't mean anything.
 
Order doesn't mean anything as long as the reservoir comes before the pump. Route it so you have the shortest tubing.

Don't believe the myth that you have to put a radiator after the pump to "dump" heat added to the loop by the pump. When your CPU dumps 200w and a GPU like that dumping 300 or more, 18w of pump heat doesn't mean anything.

+1 nucka
 
OK thanks. I think I'm gonna do the following since I already have tubing routed for the CPU and mobo

Res / pump - CPU - mobo - rad (360) - video card - rad (280) - Res / pump
 
Back
Top