Water cooling liquid.

\Hello,
I want to flush my system to do some upgrades.
Do i throw the liquid away or can i reuse it???
Thanks

You should be using distilled water for your water cooling system... if so, it's cheap. Use fresh water (and an additive if you choose to do so)

well if you're adding some new stuff you minus well go ahead and get some fresh coolant in there. dispose of it properly :)p ) and just get some more distilled + an addative..

I'd replace the liquid too, since you're already going to disconnect your setup. Use distilled liquid and add a water additive like Swiftech Hydrx $2.99 to prevent algae growth.

Think of it like your car. If you drained the cooling system on your car, would you put the used fluid back in when you just got done cleaning the whole thing out?

You should use fresh coolant to top off or refill your system. The used fluid will contain contaminants simply from coming into contact with your metal waterblocks.

A gallon of distilled water and a few bottles of HydrX will run you about 10 bucks total and last you about forever (1 bottle of HydrX makes 1 liter of coolant). Like the others said, if you already have it apart why not just start fresh?

Cheapest and best way is to go with distilled water 57c + Swiftech Hydro $2.99. You cannot beat that.:D

As others have said, don't reuse the liquid. Take it to your nearest auto parts store for proper disposal. There are chemicals that are harmful and should not be dumped into your drains.

Back