• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Water Cooling Kits?

Stu55

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
1,679
Would it be worth it for me to get a water cooling kit such as this: http://xoxide.com/tt-bigwater-kit.html
I have a XP-90 on my P4 630 right now and it keeps it pretty good @ 40 degrees celcius avg. (better than 80 degrees celcius w/ stock hsf)
Would the results be that great to spend $129? Or I am better off spending my money somewhere else and oc with what I have?
 
I have one, and I used it on my Sandy for about two days before I decided to sell it.
Needless to say I haven't been able to sell it, so I'm going to have a little project using it to cool down my VGA.

Oh yeah, when I used it on my CPU I got about the same temps I get with my XP90.
So I think you'll get the same results as mid/high end air.
 
If you water cool do it right. Normally I would never recommend a prebuilt or a quik kit.
I however have recently been selling these to customers and got one for myself. At the same place you linked to . Go into watercooled cases and check out the Koolance Lian LI .
They are expencive but worth ever penny. I am talking about Exos 2 . 25C full load Intel 650 @ 3.56Ghz . That says it all. The wire management On the V-1000 case is unbeatable.
I used a Storm water block with this. Have not installed GPU block yet as no one has branded one yet made for the X1800's 3/8 tuding.
 
$BangforThe$ said:
If you water cool do it right. Normally I would never recommend a prebuilt or a quik kit.
I however have recently been selling these to customers and got one for myself. At the same place you linked to . Go into watercooled cases and check out the Koolance Lian LI .
They are expencive but worth ever penny. I am talking about Exos 2 . 25C full load Intel 650 @ 3.56Ghz . That says it all. The wire management On the V-1000 case is unbeatable.
First off, that temp can't even be near to close, the bios is reporting the temps way way low (unless the case is sitting outside in the Arctic).
That said, Koolance does make nice kits, but if you're looking for max performance, go with the Swiftech APEX H2O Extreme KIT. It's the most complete CPU water cooling kit out there with proven best performance parts out there.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/H20-APEX.asp
 
Yea, try to stay away from Thermaltake brand's watercooling kits. As others have said already, if you want a kit, buy a Swiftech or Koolance unit. The Koolance is easy to setup and it looks pretty fancy too.

If you want to save some costs and also feel good about accomplishing watercooling yourself, build your own kit. It's easier than you may think and the sense of completion is great when everything works out as you planned. :D
 
Back
Top