Water Cooling Kit for new system, please help me

Postmodum

Limp Gawd
Ok, i'm building a new rig and i've decided i'm going WC. For a case, i'll go for Coolermaster CM Stalker. The processor is a Athlon 64 FX 55, graphics a 6800Ultra, Corsair XMS ( or ballistic ) and 2 x WD Raptors. So i want to cool down the CPU, the graphic card and the harddrives. So what WC system could i get to good cooling? For the HD do you think it's better to go with air cooling or just get some nice HD chillers?

thx

the above poster is correct when saying this is the wrong forum, you should try posting this in the watercooling forum.. however i am also going to supply you with a partial answer (from what I know). if you can afford to spend the money on those high-dollar parts, you can probably afford to set up a nice watercooling system for it.

a premade kit is one way to get your feet *wet* into watercooling if you haven't done it before or havent read up on it.. but you'd better not try to cool all those components with just one of those kits... it will end up being worse than air cooling (specially with those raptors) if you want to get a good water setup that will keep your GPU and CPU cool, you should look into www.dangerden.com or other sites that sell swiftech or dtek parts.

the harddrives would be pretty hard to watercool efficiently, so you might as well either get an air setup blowing over them or look into other means of cooling them. anyways, this is my advice, and i'm sure the guys in the h2O forum could help you more

Back