Water Cooling Collection - Help Me Identify Please

WarlordBB

Limp Gawd
I've had some great watercooling successes in the past but I've "planned to" build many more that I just never got around to. In fact, I've spent probably 5 times more money on parts that never got used than ones that did. I'm starting to go through my boxes of WC equipment to finally sell or use and while some of the stuff is pretty straight forward, some of the things I have no idea whether they have any value at all anymore (my 2 aquagraphix 1900 blocks come to mind). I'm not trying to do a round-about "price check" or "interest" check for the FS forum. I'm just trying to get some opinions on what I've got that might be still relevant and ideas on what the low hanging fruit is (i.e. what should I try to sell first). I'll still do the necessary price research myself but I've got a LOT of stuff to go through. Below are pictures of about 1/3 of my collection, it just happened to be the most well organized stuff (which isn't saying much). I'll post some more pictures later today.

As you can tell, I'm obviously an Aqua Computer enthusiast.

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

wc3.jpg

EDIT: I meant to include a manifest of what I know.

Aqua Computer stuff:
Aquero 4.0 with 3 faceplates (black, brushed alum, polished alum)
Multiswitch
Aquasteam Pump with controller and metal cover
Aquatube black
Aquatube clear
Aquatube mounting bracket
Aquatube faceplate x2 in black and brushed alum
2 unknown waterblocks (in the middle near the T fitting that I think is a temp meter and the valve fitting)
AquagratiX 1900 video waterblock times 2 - for the ATI 1900 series video card
Memory cooler that probably has a "cool" name but I have no idea what that is

Thermochill 120.2 radiator
Mounting bracket for 120x2 radiator (times 2) - probably for the Thermochill

Swiftech 650? pump
Swiftech MicroRes
Swiftech MCW55 video waterblock

InnoTech or Invotech? flowmeter the thing near the black C / ring clamps

BFG 8800GTX with factory installed waterblocks times 2 (yes, that's approx. $1600 purchase price worth of vid cards that has never been turned on)

That's all I can see so far.

Last edited:
You misunderstood.

I have been out of the WC scene for quite a while. Since back when those two $800 BFG cards _were_ $800. So, what I need to know, for example, I see that Aqua Computer _seems_ to still be selling the Aquero 4.0 and the Multiswitch. But are people here still interested in and are buying those? I've found out that the Thermochill 120.2 I've got, even though not the newer one based on 15mm fins is still worth about $50 or so (it is brand new after all). And those 2 Thermochill shrouds are the same ones you'd buy now for $19.95 retail.

And, for example, I can't _find_ anywhere to get the Aquero in the states if I wanted one. So, if the only place to get them is Aqua-Computer for 119.00 EUR which is $159.00 USD, wouldn't that mean a new-in-the-box, never used Aquero should reasonably go for about $120 or so (that's assuming anyone still wants one).

That's the kind of info I was asking for.

Yes, there are some things in that picture that I have no idea what they are but that's not really what I was asking.

I apologize for the confusion. I should have just said, "other than the Cuplex Kyros, is anyone still buying other Aqua-Computer stuff nowadays" and "where do you get Aqua-Computer stuff here in the States". Instead, I included pictures :)

EDIT: I think the confusion is in my choice of words for the title. Instead of meaning "Identify" as in "what the hell is this stuff", I meant "Identify" as in "what the hell is still worth messing with". Hope that makes sense.

Yeah, I think AC makes some decent WC'ing stuff,but aside from maybe their VGA blocks and their cool devices like the Aquaero and multiswitch and such, never really found their stuff worth getting over the competition (mainly due to limited availability and pricing).

Sorry to harp on it, but that Aquaero looks like the VFD variant, and if it is, that is worth a bit more money than most other Aquaeros. AC stopped making the VFD version just about a month or so ago. If it has Power Booster, it would be the ultimate version IMHO and could fetch a lot of money (don't sell it!).

What is Power Booster?

It is a blue VFD version. Thanks for letting me know about them discontinuing. It's hard to find solid information on AC stuff. Heck, the first thing I found was their ancient website from 2007. There used to be a running AC thread and that's where I got most of my info but it seems that has died at this point.

It's funny though, back then I remember all the 1/2" people making fun of all the AC people saying they were buying form over function and now I come back a few years later and who's on top (or at least _at_ the top depending on who's running the tests) in the CPU block? AC's Cuplex Kyros... and it seems everyone's gone from pumping massive LPM through 1/2" to _much_ more restrictive setups...

EDIT: I found the English Forum for AC and also know what a Power Boost is now. :) - in the process of reeducating myself.

Last edited:
those DDC pumps are 18 watt old school pumps with alphacool tops, when ran with a top feed they are said to be one of the best tops available, so long as you use the top port for the feed, instead of the side port

that other pump is a D4 or a D5 pump, if iot has an RPM(speed) header, then it is a D5, no rpm header means its a d4 (some d4's did actually have speed headers, but it was sorta rare, some even had PWM)

The black res that's next to the frosted acrylic Aquatube is an all Delrin "Aquatube-like" res made by someone in this community IIRC. It goes with the smoke acrylic mounting bracket that's in between the Aquero and the alum Aquatube faceplate. Does anyone remember those? I thought there'd be PM's from back then I could refer to but I guess at some point mine got erased.

EDIT: I just checked that the D5 like pump is a Swiftech MCP655 and does not have a speed header. Well, at least what I think you mean is, the power connector is a molex with only 2 pins being used. There is a dial on the back labeled 1 through 5 which I assume is for adjusting the speed.

Last edited:
Back