it's been done a few times, but never to my liking, so I thought I'd share.
First of all, some requirements: must be high performance water(running an Opty 170 at 3.0ghx+). Must all be internal.
Parts used:
CPU Block: DD TDX
RAD: GTS 120
Pump: D5
Tubing: 1/2" ID Clearflex
Fans: Yate Loons
Fillport: DD
Fluid: Zerex 5%, Distilled H2O 95%
*forgot to order a "T" and could only find a "Y" local, so thats how it is for now.
Temp comparisons:
Previous setup:
Scythe Ninja/Yate Loon: 23* Idle 42* Load
Water: 25* idle(after the water warms up) 38* Load
Still to be done: Drill for the fill port, install(probably change to a "T" first)
I'm also planning on replacing my BFG 7800GT with a EVGA 7900GTO
when that happens I'm removing the HD bay, putting my raptors in the 5.25" bays with come sort of cooling(nexus coolers/92mm panflo mounted on the drive bay covers)
I'll then add another GTS120 and a Maze 5.
Pics: (sorry my camera skills suk), pics were taken during setup, fluid is clear now
http://fourwardmomentum.com/pete/water3.jpg
http://fourwardmomentum.com/pete/water2.jpg
http://fourwardmomentum.com/pete/water1.jpg
Full hardware specs:
DFI Ultra -D
Opty 170 CCBBE 1.56V
BFG 7800GT
WD 74Gb Raptors RAID 0
Old Sound Blaster audio
OCZ 2GB Gold PC4000
Enermax 535W Whisper II
First of all, some requirements: must be high performance water(running an Opty 170 at 3.0ghx+). Must all be internal.
Parts used:
CPU Block: DD TDX
RAD: GTS 120
Pump: D5
Tubing: 1/2" ID Clearflex
Fans: Yate Loons
Fillport: DD
Fluid: Zerex 5%, Distilled H2O 95%
*forgot to order a "T" and could only find a "Y" local, so thats how it is for now.
Temp comparisons:
Previous setup:
Scythe Ninja/Yate Loon: 23* Idle 42* Load
Water: 25* idle(after the water warms up) 38* Load
Still to be done: Drill for the fill port, install(probably change to a "T" first)
I'm also planning on replacing my BFG 7800GT with a EVGA 7900GTO
when that happens I'm removing the HD bay, putting my raptors in the 5.25" bays with come sort of cooling(nexus coolers/92mm panflo mounted on the drive bay covers)
I'll then add another GTS120 and a Maze 5.
Pics: (sorry my camera skills suk), pics were taken during setup, fluid is clear now
http://fourwardmomentum.com/pete/water3.jpg
http://fourwardmomentum.com/pete/water2.jpg
http://fourwardmomentum.com/pete/water1.jpg
Full hardware specs:
DFI Ultra -D
Opty 170 CCBBE 1.56V
BFG 7800GT
WD 74Gb Raptors RAID 0
Old Sound Blaster audio
OCZ 2GB Gold PC4000
Enermax 535W Whisper II