• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

water box price check

doox00

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 28, 2005
Messages
3,479
I built this last year from an old case, my first time and I think it turned out ok. I am considering selling it as I have lost interest for the time being in water cooling and so on. I was wondering what you all think this box would be worth with a maze 4 gpu block thats on my 7900gt currently and a danger den tdx copper block thats on my s939 x2 cpu. Has the heater core, 2 cooler master clear lighted 120mm fans on it now, the eheim 1250 pump, 5.25" dd water res, mini atx power supply and about 5-6 feet of 1/2" clearflex 60 tube on water out side and the water in side. Plus it has high flow quick disconnects on the case, to easily remove the hoses without leaking, those alone cost me 50 bux for the set of 2.

any ideas what I should ask for all of this? with and without the blocks.

thanks all

waterbox1.jpg


waterbox2.jpg


waterbox3.jpg
 
only 150 for all the water cooling parts, 50 dollar quick disconnects.. the custom enclosure (top was chopped about 6" from the original case, custom side panels etc), heater core/shroud/fans etc? figured at least a couple hundred..ouch.
 
Well, lets take a look at each component.

TDX sells for 50$. You could get about 35 for it.
Maze4 sells for 45$. You could get about 30 for it.
Quick Connects 50$. You could get like 35 for them.
Heater core... No idea of the retail, but I bet you could get 25-30$
Maybe 15 for the res.
5$ for the fans...
I dont think many people would have use for the enclosure you've made.

thats about exactly 150$ You can't expect any more for the pieces than 80% of their retail...
 
yeah, plus who wants external WC... internal is much nicer... so price drop for that reason
 
I think you could get at lest $200. Your target customer would be someone looking for an external unit like a Koolance system which costs a lot and most likeley won't perform as good as your setup.
 
Back
Top