Watch out for Ultra Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni Nitro

Gawd
I am not sure if they are shady or not, but he was acting as a middle man for somebody that bought a gfx card for me. I was basically begged to ship it to an APO and made the deal. When I got paypal payment his "friend" put in the notes that he just changed his address so reluctantly I shipped it. Now he is claiming that he didnt get it and filed a dispute with paypal. I have never had any problems in my 10 years of online transactions and this guy is going to ruin it.

When I shipped the package the PO told me they couldnt track packages to APOs. I am not sure if that was true or they were being lazy.

Any way I can prove to paypal that I sent it?

Don't you have a receipt from the PO ? that should suffice as proof of mailing to paypal or anyone else.......

The PO CAN track things to the APO, they just have no way of tracking it after they release it to the local postal service for delivery nor do they have any way of holding them responsible if the package does not get delivered as planned....

As soon as the address change came up you should have immediately cancelled the deal & refunded the money, as that in & of itself should have been considered a breach of contract AND a BIG RED warning flag.......

I know it sux, but it sure sounds like you allowed yourself to be scammed.......and unfortunately at this point I doubt there is much you can do about it :(

Well my wife, who is smarter than me, said that if I got insurance it would have a tracking number. I had to dig for the receipt but I found it.

13121810000011116085. It shows its still in New Jersey.

It shows it departed from Jersey on July 11th. So it is on the way to the APO.

July 11, 2014 , 10:10 pm Departed USPS Facility JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Hey man, sorry about that, my buddy freaked since he didn't have a tracking number, with the transaction like a month ago. (Contacted on 4th of July). Granted he did get misinformation from the post office saying it couldn't be tracked. So when the payment was sent no tracking number or proof of shipment was given. So both of us are at fault. My buddy filed a dispute mainly because the seller didn't reply to his emails (that's on us, we were being impatient and jumped the gun), and the seller didn't provide a tracking number (which is a red flag) but he did send me the tracking number today, which is almost a month after.

So the seller could've avoided this by us giving the tracking number outright, (but from misinformation by the PO it wasn't included.)

Anyways we'll have this sorted, it was miscommunication on our part, and a misunderstanding with the tracking number. The package is taking longer than usual, but I'll get my friend to drop the claim.

It is his first time buying from a forum, and he was a little wary and didn't want to get scammed.

I hope that we can resolve this and come to a solution for both parties. I don't want you to go without a payment. I am also fairly new to the online community, and I don't want to have a bad reputation of being sketchy to deal with. I want to be accessible and easy to deal with.

Again I'm really sorry about this misunderstanding!

EDIT:
I just got a text, and he's closing the dispute. So the seller will get the payment, and my buddy hopefully will get the card soon, since shipping is taking unusually long.

Hey man, I'm the one who bought the card. Just to clarify I emailed you at the address I sent the payment too. When I didn't get a reply I assumed you were the one scamming me. Maybe they went to your spam folder or something. Anyway, sorry again. I closed the claim, I hope all is good now.

For future reference, and how to avoid a messy situation like this is using PayPal's Ship Now to buy your shipping labels. You get them for cheaper than the post office, and you can attach that to whatever transaction on your PayPal account. It doesn't have to be an eBay transaction to use ship now, you can Google it and it gives you the link to ship now where you can purchase labels.

Its like doing an eBay transaction and marking something as shipped and it will attach the tracking number to it. And that is sufficient proof that shipping was paid for and the item is shipped.

So the moral of the story is please include tracking numbers with the transactions. It saves a lot of headaches.

I'm really sorry that this happened, I don't want anyone to have a sour taste in taste in their mouth when dealing with me..

On a side note the postal service is being pretty terrible, since all of the mail going to APO, AE is air mailed out of Chicago, whatever sorting centers this package was in were especially terrible... Normally it only takes a couple of days to reach Chicago, then a couple of days after that to cross the pond.

I never want to tarnish anyone's rep if it's just a matter of miscommunication and I admit I should have looked more closely at the receipt because the tracking info would have avoided this. I feel most of us assume the worst....including me. Hopefully this will resolve itself. What are you going to do about the payapl claim?

The PayPal claimed was closed, that's what Ernie said. Also claims have an expiration date, so as long as he doesn't move forward in the initial stage of the claim it'll go away even if it wasn't closed. So hopefully PayPal updates the status of the claim to closed. So nothing should happen.

Thanks for understanding, there are shady people out there and you do have to be able to cover your butt in case something goes wrong. I'm just glad we can come to an understanding.

Ok everyone, just wanted to follow up say that everything has worked out and the claim has already been dropped. I know sometimes it is easy to jump to conclusions, but want to make it know that everything is handled and I dont want to spread any negatives about Ultra or Enatron.

Im just glad we got it all sorted it out.

The funny thing is both of you shouldn't be buying in here.

Ultra-m-a-n 4 post total.
Ernatron42 1 post

Instead of breaking the forum rules and not doing the 100 post. contribute to the forum and earn the right to buy stuff.

Easiest way to solve this is to:

Make it where if you don't have 100 post. You can't even see and view the for Sale and Trade forum.

As for Joni Nitro, you should know better than wait a month and then try to give a tracking number. You are at more fault then both of them. Plus being 9.4 Years on top of that. You make a thread and it was your fault to begin with and call the other person out. But glad it worked out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back