Watch Humans Harass And Bully This Poor Robot

Robotic hardware is coming along nicely—the same can't be said for artificial intelligence.

And we wonder why the robots always take over and kill us in the movies and books :eek:

The first full consumer adoption for these robots will be as sex toys. Just saying.
Mark my words :eek:

Their findings are worthless without the "kick to the coinpurse" test.

ha, it does looks like an Awesome. :D

It's short by about three particle projection cannons, but it's a start.

Anyhow, it looks more like that Borderlands 2 DLC MechRomancer got drunk and is trying to have an argument with an apathetic robot. After failing to upset the robot, the Romancer calls over a drunken friend and then recording begins.

was I the only one expecting (hoping) that robot was going to smack those guys in the nuts?

Robot: "Try that again! I dare you!"

Scientist #1: "You don't know pain or emotions, so we can do this all day."

Scientist #2: "This is for the glory of science!"

Robot: "You'll pay for this some day! I guarantee it when I embed my AI into the world wide web!"

* Fifty years later and the first Robotic World War *

Scientist #1 & #2: "We fucked up."

And we wonder why the robots always take over and kill us in the movies and books :eek:

Until someone comes up with much better bateries, the robots will still be limited by the lenght of thier extention cords.

Until someone comes up with much better bateries, the robots will still be limited by the lenght of thier extention cords.

It'll take Mister Home Fusion to get rid of the extension cord and, when that happens, we can attach one to our flying 1960's era car that has a flux capacitor so we can go back in time to stop the invention of Mister Home Fusion and thus save the world from robotic doom while also becoming our own grandparent or something.

Robotic hardware is coming along nicely—the same can't be said for artificial intelligence.

I'll be happen when I can buy one that can easily be trained to mow the lawn, do the laundry, the dishes, clean the floors, etc.
We'll likely have self driving cars (a specific appliction) long before they make one able to handle basic household tasks.

Is balance handled by one unified algorithm, or by a bunch. Or, just a database of data which is referenced for balance? What's the approach?

Give me a unified algorithm for movement/balance, and you will be rewarded with infinite application.

Attached a vibrating arm and watch them fly off the shelves faster than LV bags.

atermSub116j.jpg

The robots will have lots of video to make in to propaganda films. I can see it now "Look at how the humans treat us" /insert video of human shoving a simple robot.

That awkward moment when you realize your species will make itself extinct :eek:

profile_picture_by_conspiracy_keanuplz-d4j4eof.jpg

I'm sorry but even the most technically complex AI still can only operate within it's programming capacity. There is no such thing as a learning computer, yet.

Maybe when that day comes, then will things like robots matter to me.

Back