Watch Dogs on AMD Crossfire or 6990 fix

dravisar

Limp Gawd
Found on another forum....what I did to get my game working in crossfire for those with AMD cards trying to run both of them and getting crashes, or with a 6990:

Go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs

Make a copy of GamerProfile.xml

Open the original GamerProfile.xml in wordpad. Paste this over what is already there.

<RenderProfile PCCustomTextureQuality="medium" PCCustomAntialiasingQuality="fxaa" RAWCPUScore="1789.86" AlphaToCoverage="0" ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" Quality="_runtime" QualityEditor="pc_editor" WindowMode="2" WindowPosX="-1" WindowPosY="-1" Force16_9="1" ForceWidescreen="0" WidescreenFOV="0" OutputScalingFactor="1" AspectRatio="0" VSync="1" MaxPrerenderedFrames="3" RefreshRate="60" MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" ShowFPS="0" IsCalibrationSetup="1" ClustersZPassMaxLOD="1" NewBrightness="1" Contrast_v3="1" NewGammaRamp="1" GammaRampR="1" GammaRampG="1" GammaRampB="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">
<CustomQuality>
<quality ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="720" EnvironmentQuality="medium" AntiPortalQuality="pc" PostFxQuality="medium" TextureQuality="pc" TextureResolutionQuality="medium" WaterQuality="medium" ParaboloidReflectionQuality="medium" DepthPassQuality="pc" VegetationQuality="medium" TerrainQuality="medium" GeometryQuality="medium" LodDitheringQuality="pc" ShadowQuality="high" ShadingQuality="high" RoadQuality="pc" EditorQuality="pc" ParticlesQuality="medium" DeferredFxQuality="console" HDR="1" SuperSampling="0" HighPrecisionNormal="1" RenderSplashes="1" RenderRain="0" MotionBlurQuality="off" SSAOQuality="off" DepthOfFieldQuality="off" AntiAliasingQuality="fxaa" id="_runtime" />
</CustomQuality>

Run game. I ticked my textures up to high and am staying well under my VRAM maximum by about 300MB and have had zero crashes and am at 60FPS. It was running at 40FPS before I changed the textures to a higher setting. Go figure....

Good luck.

Looks like all this is doing is turning everything but shadows down to the lowest settings...

I'd hope it would run it well since it basically turned all the graphic options to medium or off and set your resolution to 720p. This isn't a fix.

Back