Washing iPhone XS Max in water

maverick786us

2[H]4U
We all know that iPhone XS Max is IP68 certified water resistant, so it may imply that if it accidentally falls inside a pool, there is noting to worry.

But If we make it a regular practice, gentle washing your smartphone with tap water, in case there is too much dust mounted, in areas, hard to clean, will it cause any harm to your gadget?

We all know that iPhone XS Max is IP68 certified water resistant, so it may imply that if it accidentally falls inside a pool, there is noting to worry.

But If we make it a regular practice, gentle washing your smartphone with tap water, in case there is too much dust mounted, in areas, hard to clean, will it cause any harm to your gadget?
I wouldn’t regularily wash an electronic. I view the IP68 water and dust resistance as a safe guard if I drop my phone in water or if I need to wash it because it’s covered in something rendering it unusable (such as a spilled beer or beverage that would make it sticky).

Dust won’t mount up in hard to reach areas so frequently that you’d need to regularly wash your iPhone. And when it finally does after likely a couple of years I would personally just use a Q-Tip and isopropyl alcohol.

Even though these phones are water resistant, they’re not waterproof so I wouldn’t intentionally increase their exposure to water or any other solutions. Others may say it’s fine, and it might be, but I wouldn’t gamble a $1100+ phone on it.

Back