Washed iPod

ClariorHincHonos

[H]ard|Gawd
I washed my 3rd Gen 8gb iPod today. Came back from a camping trip and forgot it was in my cargo pocket.

Anyone have experience with this? Do they come back after drying out for a while? (My Canon SD800 was left in the rain on this trip and still works)

All in all a bad trip for my portable electronics.

leave it out to dry, put it in a bag of rice (the rice will suck the moisture out). After a day or 2, try to see if it works, only way to find out if its still alive.

First and foremost, don't try to charge it while it's still wet. Just leave it off and let it dry like the previous poster said. It may still work, but there is a good chance it's dead.

I would suggest leaving it out more several days, not just one. Considering how densely packed everything is in those nanos, you don't want to take any chances and turn it on before everything's totally dry. Other than that, there's not much else to be done other than cross your fingers.

If you do get it to work using these suggestions, you still need to plan on grabbing a replacement. The device will eventually die once again from corrosion.

If you do get it to work using these suggestions, you still need to plan on grabbing a replacement. The device will eventually die once again from corrosion.

If it was not properly dried....

If you can find some of those silica gel packets they keep in packaging for electronics/shoes/etc, get as many as possible and put them in a Ziploc bag with the Nano. Might work a bit quicker than the rice.

But do not ingest. ;)

Not to be a nay sayer but wouldn't the moisture already have effected the battery???

I have done the same with some phones and I spilt water on my last computer I just let it dry out for a few days and it all ended up working just fine.

I have never washed my iPod or iPhone on accident, although I spilled a whole can of root beer on my last laptop and all I did was put it in a large plastic air tight container with that Damp Rid stuff to get all of the moisture out. It did the trick since i didn't have any silica gel. It worked too!

I'd also agree with the rice as well. Good Luck!

my phone took a little trip through seawater a few years back. I just let it dry in the summer sun near a window for a few days, and it worked fine for years after that.

it may have already shorted out but try to dry it out anyway it wont hurt to try. Let us know what happened

I've washed my 1st Gen Nano a total of 6 times. Let it dry out and hope for the best. Mines been running fine for years. lol

I washed my shuffle and it still worked......probably because of the lack of electronics in it. I set it next to my AC for a couple days and the air flow helped it dry.

Back