Wasabi Mango UHD420 IPS 4k 42" Monitor

Hi, just a question about scaling, I'm a pretty big film buff and have a ton of Blu Rays I'd love to pop onto this TV, plus I have a PS4, as well as scaling down games to 1080P until I get another 980TI to SLI next month and so I was wondering how well it scales in comparison to a native 1080P TV as this is pretty important to me I'd like to know how it handles 1080P material and whether it looks like a sharp 1080P source or is softened relative to other 1080P displays. Also if anyone here does have say a Crossover 404K or A399 was wondering if they'd compare scaling between those TV's and the Wasabi.
Cheers!

There seem to be no direct measurements of input lag available publicly.

Some folks on overclock.net tried to infer it through other information and comparing it to a monitor of known input lag.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1554580/...s-monitor-what-tests-to-run/140#post_24030393

This video review mentions around 25ms.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1565292/o...#post_24340947

Crossover 434K review (almost identical hardware, same panel (+1") and board) measured 20ms.
http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...eview-semi-glossy-8-bit-frc-4k-lg-ah-ips.html

Hi, just a question about scaling, I'm a pretty big film buff and have a ton of Blu Rays I'd love to pop onto this TV, plus I have a PS4, as well as scaling down games to 1080P until I get another 980TI to SLI next month and so I was wondering how well it scales in comparison to a native 1080P TV as this is pretty important to me I'd like to know how it handles 1080P material and whether it looks like a sharp 1080P source or is softened relative to other 1080P displays. Also if anyone here does have say a Crossover 404K or A399 was wondering if they'd compare scaling between those TV's and the Wasabi.
Cheers!

I have the same question. Been searching, but can't find an answer. Any advice is appreciated.

I was wondering how well it scales in comparison to a native 1080P TV as this is pretty important to me I'd like to know how it handles 1080P material and whether it looks like a sharp 1080P source or is softened relative to other 1080P displays. Also if anyone here does have say a Crossover 404K or A399 was wondering if they'd compare scaling between those TV's and the Wasabi.
Cheers!

I use mine to game at 1080p (went 4k for productivity), and I don't find the scaler offensive. It is indeed slightly less sharp than a native 1080p display. The "super resolution" setting does mitigate the issue even further, but I don't bother, even sitting up close. At distances greater than 2 meters, most people would struggle to notice the difference between this and native. But yes, to answer your question, it is indeed softer than a 1080p display. I've heard that the A399U is tack-sharp at 1080p, but cannot confirm first-hand.

I just got a UHD430, a perfect pixel one on eBay. I was wondering if anyone had noticed uneven backlighting on their Wasabi Mango. The right side is always a tad dimmer than the left, and when I turn the brightness down it gets worse and worse. At about a brightness of 10 the right side goes completely black, I can tell it's not a problem with the input or anything, the OSD is affected by the lopsided dimming.

Image:
bhTqkf3.jpg

Could anyone with a UHD420/430 tell me if theirs does this at low brightness too?

Thanks,

Last edited:
That's a hell of a lot more than a "tad" at low brightness settings. I wonder if they will weasel out by saying the "pixels are perfect" so go pound sand. Return that.

It only does that at near minimum brightness, at normal brightness it's just slightly noticeable. Like I wouldn't be able to show it in a photo, looks normal without a lot of scrutiny.

I was just pretty sure something was off on the right and I lowered brightness hoping to get a photo showing it and it completely turned off haha.

I think it's possible that the backlight is not on both sides and was hoping someone could confirm.

Does this have Picture-in-Picture (PiP) and Picture-by-Picture (PbP)?

How many inputs? 1x2? 2x1 2x2?

Does the entire screen flicker if in 2x2 and you add an input?

That is not normal. Looks like some of the backlight is non-functional. I would get a return and/or replacement asap.

Back