Was using Lightroom with MSI 3070 and it blacked out...scared to restart computer but can get display in 1080.

CyJackX

n00b
I use MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 with a 4K TV via HDMI
I was in lightroom doing random stuff when green lines appeared all over the screen and then it blacked out.
I used Parsec to remote into my computer which automatically changed it to 1080... and there's signal. Attempting to make it higher than 1080 blacks it out.
If I have to log back into windows, is there a way to make sure it restarts in 1080? Just want some way to work with this until I figure out whether it's just a driver reinstall or what.

The lights on the card are still on, it still works over 1080...so I'm not sure if this is a real hardware issue or what.

edit: sigh, crisis averted for now. replugged the HDMI and then set it to 3840x2160 and it seems to have worked...

Last edited:
I use MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 with a 4K TV via HDMI
I was in lightroom doing random stuff when green lines appeared all over the screen and then it blacked out.
I used Parsec to remote into my computer which automatically changed it to 1080... and there's signal. Attempting to make it higher than 1080 blacks it out.
If I have to log back into windows, is there a way to make sure it restarts in 1080? Just want some way to work with this until I figure out whether it's just a driver reinstall or what.

The lights on the card are still on, it still works over 1080...so I'm not sure if this is a real hardware issue or what.

edit: sigh, crisis averted for now. replugged the HDMI and then set it to 3840x2160 and it seems to have worked...
Glad it's sorted. I was going to say power cycle the monitor and power cycle the computer. If it works in 1080 it's very unlikely to be a hardware fault. Vid cards & drivers crash and sometimes monitors do too. You might want to check for driver, bios, and firmware updates.

Hi. I'm also a Lightroom user and I was planning to upgrade to a 3060 T1, so I could get good results doing denoise and Enhanced Details, etc. You have a 3070. Would that be overkill for me, instead of the 3060 Ti?

Hi. I'm also a Lightroom user and I was planning to upgrade to a 3060 T1, so I could get good results doing denoise and Enhanced Details, etc. You have a 3070. Would that be overkill for me, instead of the 3060 Ti?
There's not a huge difference in performance between them, and in this market I would grab whichever one you get a chance to buy without paying scalper prices. This is not a good time to buy a vid card.

There's not a huge difference in performance between them, and in this market I would grab whichever one you get a chance to buy without paying scalper prices. This is not a good time to buy a vid card.
Thanks for the comment about the performance difference. If I had a much bigger budget, I would go for a 3090, but that budget exists in an alternative universe.

I find the Newegg Shuffle very, very annoying and with all the other stuff I have to do, there just isn't enough time to chase down a vid card at any price.

Thanks for the comment about the performance difference. If I had a much bigger budget, I would go for a 3090, but that budget exists in an alternative universe.

I find the Newegg Shuffle very, very annoying and with all the other stuff I have to do, there just isn't enough time to chase down a vid card at any price.
Shuffle is about the only consistent way to get a card right now, unfortunately. If you're putting in for every available shuffle during a month, you'll likely get something in that month.

Green lines and blacking out was most likely clock sync error over HDMI. Typically caused by being close to the limit of the hardware or cabling. Just regular 4k60p at 8 bit per color transfers more than 2Gbyte/s so it is a lot of data. You can consider using 4.2.0 compression if it happens several times with full RGB.

I don't know if this is related but I use Lightroom quite a bit on my 3080 and have found its hardware acceleration to be fairly buggy. I'm not sure if it's an Adobe problem or an Nvidia problem but LR likes to become unresponsive. No issues with hardware accelerated gfx turned off.

Which version of LR? The "cloudy" or the "desktop" version? Adobe has confused everyone with their product names and the unexpected product name changes.

Last edited:
you can press ctrl+shift+winkey+b to reset the vid driver, it it does it again...
Winkey? I have to admit, I have no idea what key is "winkey". Semi colon?

EDIT: Oh I am a moron, the Windows key i.e. Winkey. Yeah time for some more tea.

Last edited:
Back