was this a good deal?

misfitsfiend

[H]ard|Gawd
i was just wondering if this was a good deal that i got in on. i've been searching for a good dvd burner for a little while now, but was told to wait due to the new dual layer format coming out. saw this baby on newegg today, on sale for $90. so, was this a good deal for an 8x dvd-r, 8x dvd+r, 2.4x dvd-r dual layer?

Sure it looks good, just pray that someone like Microsoft doesn't come out with DVD+R DL and you should be fine. :)

Yes that is the exact same one I was going to buy. I am holding off right now. I think the lowest price I found on that with a rebate was $88 :)

looks good ... if new announced technology scares you from buying now ... you'll never get to buy anything ... it's multi-format ... so you should be OK ...

Yes its a good deal, the NEC's are excellent drives. I use the 2500 and love it :)

The only problem is that the Dual Layer DVD media isn't very available yet, and it's quite pricy. I think i'll wait to hit the Dual Layer market until it's a little more affordable to purchase blank media. I still have a 25pk of DVD+R's SL to use up anyway ;) .

If anyone has found any quality, but reasonably priced DL DVD media, please post a link. Thanks :cool:

Personally, I'm pretty happy with my cheapo LiteOn LDW-41 *cough*, er, I mean LDW-401S d-: I got it for about the same price and find it to be quite worth it indeed.

Dual layer is nice though. It should square the amount of space available (eg 4.7^2 - overhead.)

Personally, I'm still half holding out for a FMD drive ^_^ Darn it, what's taking them so long... I want those 100GB+ discs... Seriously though, if they'd hurry up and release the darned things, they will make blue laser look like crap.

Back