Was looking for higher caster wheels when I found these

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Screenshot_20230222-113502.png

If you had a bad hydrolic gas lift you can use these to stop it from sinking my chair isn't there yet but sometimes does only two years old Serta. I suppose you could make your own.

Neat, so these clamp around the extension post on the gas piston? For not much more money you can get another piston too though.

You can get different length pistons for taller or shorter needs, it isn't too hard to swap, I did that over casters anyway. But that's assuming your casters are good. I took a standard racecar pc gaming chair with i believe a 7" piston and swapped up to a 12" for my taller desk, worked perfect!

The pistons are friction fit only, so basically what I do is put my feet on the chair legs, grab the seat and yank up to pop it off, then grab the foot base, flip it over, and smack the piston out with a rubber mallet, 2lb engineering mallet, or similar.

I tried replacing a cylinder one time it didn't end up well I wanted maybe I needed a bigger hammer it was really stuck.

I tried replacing a cylinder one time it didn't end up well I wanted maybe I needed a bigger hammer it was really stuck.
Of the three chairs I've done, one needed the 2lb engineering hammer and a good hard swing. (Assuming the base is metal) a blow dryer, heat gun, or torch at the base could loosen it up too! Don't heat the cylinder up, just the base.

Part of the trick is having the base FIRMLY supported. If you are using your leg, couch, etc and it can wiggle around you lose a lot of the force. A spare tire might work to support the base with the piston sitting in the rim hole. I haven't tried it before, but I also bet a rotohammer on hammer-only would easily drive it out.

Back