Was Dual booting Windows 7 and Vista 64, but now no tikki?

l88bastard

2[H]4U
Hi, I am hoping somebody can help me out here. I have a Asus PQ5 pro mobo with a q9650 ocd to 4.0 ghz on water.

I was running Vista Ultimate 64 on a 500 gig hd and have a 100 gig raptor for games. I decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, but I did not want to give up the Vista so I bought a 1000 gig hard drive and installed Windows 7 on that for a dual boot situation.

For the last month things have been going great. I use Vista for my work and the Windows 7 boot exclusively for all of my games except for my flight sims because the G940 drivers work better with vista.

Well I have been busy the last week and have not had much chance to game until tonight when I decided to download a steam game, so I went to fire up W7 but it does not even give me the option to choose what OS to boot up anymore? I don't know when it stopped doing that as I have been very preoccupied with work the last week, but it must be recent!

In bios it shows all of my hard drives, but in boot priority it only lets me select my 500gig which has vista, a removable drive and a cd rom... it does not even give me the option to select the W7 1000gig hard drive as a boot option which is fawking strange because it recognizes the drives existance in other parts of bios!

So what can I do, how do i get it to let me boot with W7 again?

maybe use ultimatecd to look at boot.ini?
another way is to restore your backup...if u have a backup

Eh I got it working, ended up putting my system disk back in and repairing it, took a few tries but I got it going!

Back