WARP

Nettwerk

2[H]4U
Whats an origin game doing on steam?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102850/

Online Disclaimer

INTERNET CONNECTION, EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT, ACCEPTANCE OF PRODUCT AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS, AND REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE(S) REQUIRED TO PLAY, ACCESS BONUS CONTENT (IF ANY) AND ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES. SERIAL CODE REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE. SERIAL CODE(S) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED. EULAS AND ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM/1/PRODUCT-EULAS. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO ACTIVATE SOFTWARE, ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES AND REGISTER FOR AN EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/2/SERVICE-UPDATES.

Holy shit...the rare double spyware DRM. Two layers of DRM processes with Steam and Origin (plus whatever the developer includes like Starforce, Securom, etc.).

So that's the solution to piracy? Keep piling on DRM and spyware? Why don't they just bury all games deep in a locked bunker and only let players play with blindfolds and earplugs? That should hold back the piracy!

I was wondering the same thing myself. Did EA and Valve patch things up or is Warp destined to never have DLC? Watching this situation closely!

I was wondering the same thing myself. Did EA and Valve patch things up or is Warp destined to never have DLC? Watching this situation closely!

Probably no DLC. You'll notice there have been other titles from EA on Steam, just not ME3 or BF3. EA doesn't seem to have any ill will for Steam (they sell everything on all other DD services so I can't see why they would), they just aren't willing to agree to Valve's "All your DLC are belong to us," requirement. So non-DLC games go on Steam, including things like the Sims where it is full on expansions and "stand alone but not really new" games. DLC games are only on Origin, Impulse, Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate, and so on.

Just some information to consider in case people aren't aware -

BF3 DLC sells at other places than Origin. Close Quarters is actually already available for preorder at Gamersgate but not at Origin (same $15 as BtK if anyone is wondering). Multiple other locations sell Back to Karkand aside from Origin.

Warp is a EA Partners game. KOA:Reckoning is a EA Partners game available on Steam including DLC. EA Partners games are not the same as EA games in terms of ownership and control.

Shank 2 is another EA Partners game on Steam.

Does this actually require the EA/Origin client? There are EA/Origin games (requiring and account and activate) but do not require the client (although you can register and use the client as well).

Back