warning: user pyrolyser potential scammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elian

[H]ard|Gawd
This user contacted me through PM interested in a Toshiba laptop I had listed. We agreed upon terms and upon nearing payment through paypal, he notified me that he needed it shipped to a non-verified paypal address. Upon lookup of this address, it appears to be an overseas mail forwarder and many others have been scammed by shipping to this address on various sales venues online. While I can't say 100% whether the user was attempting to scam me, he never mentioned that this laptop was going to be sent to a mail forwarder or overseas and only admitted this after I brought it up. He had 0 heat and offered some swappa feedback instead.

Just beware of dealing with this fellow, I backed away because there was too much sketchiness

Good call. As a added measure I ONLY ship to verified and confirmed paypal addresses. I have been scammed once by someone using a verified/confirmed account, but that is a rare occurrence.

Just an FYI..he has completed sales here before without complaint...

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041428480&postcount=1

Also... his IP puts him in another country, so the over seas shipping does not seem so strange......while I certainly understand not wanting to deal with an un verified shipping address, there is no real reason to suspect that he is a scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back