Warning: Don't order direct from Swiftech

thewhiteguy

Supreme [H]ardness
I had to order the 6002 waterblock straight from them because every place I can find is either sold out or only sells the old 5000 block.

Here's the story: I ordered on Monday night, then sent in an email yesterday (Wednesday) to see if my order had shipped yet. The response I got was this:
Retail orders are usually shipped 2 weeks from the dat of the order.
:eek:

I wasn't told anywhere through the order process that it would take 2 damn weeks. It's funny that they offer 2 day and overnight shipping options, like that makes any difference. So, the moral of the story is avoid ordering straight from them if you can. :( :mad:

I know a company that's getting a negative resellerratings review :rolleyes:

Another thing to keep in mind, is you can find cheaper prices than the official site.

...Plus the shipping info was probably on the site, it's not their fault you didn't read it.

unless u rushed through the order process, after you click the check out button the first 2 paragraphs say
Delivery Time

* Small accessories, and replacements parts are normally shipped out within 48 hours.
* Heatsinks, liquid cooling items and barebones may take up to 2 weeks to ship out: as manufacturer, we maintain our online store for customers who do not have access to a local Swiftech distributor, but we cannot provide the quick turnaround typically featured by retailers and distributors.

Yeah I saw that now :embarrased: Still, 2 weeks is ridiculous. It sounds like that's an introduced delay and not necessary.

thewhiteguy said:
Yeah I saw that now :embarrased: Still, 2 weeks is ridiculous. It sounds like that's an introduced delay and not necessary.

they aren't a reseller, they probably have to get them from some wearhouse that does give to resellers..prob'ly have to truck it in, that's why.

I'd put an order in with Sidewinder Computers. I know that they're out of stock now, but I ordered my 6200-A from them a while back and they got it out the same day that they received stock. They even sent me an e-mail after I placed my order telling me that they would. I've got nothing but positive things to say about them.

In fact, I just received my Criticool Waterplant today through USPS after I placed the order Monday night. I was totally surprised to see it on the porch when I got home from work today. I live in the far NW burbs of Illinois, btw.

Thanks for the information. I sent an email to Sidewinder asking if they knew when they might get the 6002 in stock. If they'll have it soon, I'll cancel my order with Swiftech and order from them.

I have ordered through swiftech, after 1 week and no word, (including them not even charging my account for it) I was a bit worried and dropped an email to them, the response was basically "oh shit! uh, it's on it's way! we just shipped it out this minute!" I received it 2 days later. Didn't have any problems, the only thing that worried me was that they hadn't charged me for it, so I thought maybe the order hadn't gone through.

thewhiteguy said:
I had to order the 6002 waterblock straight from them because every place I can find is either sold out or only sells the old 5000 block.

Here's the story: I ordered on Monday night, then sent in an email yesterday (Wednesday) to see if my order had shipped yet. The response I got was this:

:eek:

I wasn't told anywhere through the order process that it would take 2 damn weeks. It's funny that they offer 2 day and overnight shipping options, like that makes any difference. So, the moral of the story is avoid ordering straight from them if you can. :( :mad:

I know a company that's getting a negative resellerratings review :rolleyes:

Don't you think you should edit or retract this thread?

Big Lar said:
Don't you think you should edit or retract this thread?
Not really, the fact still remains that in the 21st century this shouldn't take more than 2 days, much less 2 weeks. What's more, it appears that Swiftech is currently out of the waterblocks and instead of just telling me that, they have been avoiding my questions about the 2 week delay.

Pecos said:
Did Sidewinder get back to you at all?
Yeah, Gary at Sidewinder is going to let me know when they get some in stock. In fact, Swiftech can't even tell him when they're going to get any to him. Talk about service, this guy emailed me back sometime around 12AM. :)

Pecos said:
Nice! Can't beat that.
No kidding, companies like that deserve more business than they get. If he gets the blocks in before or at the same time as Swiftech, I'm going to cancel my order and order from him.

If you want I can order from bigfoot for you (cost $3) and ship it to you the cheapest way (around $5). Just a thought, PM me if you don't want to wait anymore :)

Back